PDA

View Full Version : RT PRO gas through grip?? Where do I get one?

RTProUser
01-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I have seen many RT PRO's with the basic RT gas through grip, someone said I could get one from AGD, is this true? Please if anyone knows where to get these let me know. Thanks Jim

cphilip
01-31-2002, 10:06 AM
I might be interested in the answer to this question myself. In fact It came up just the other day from one of my friends looking at my RT Pro. He was wondering about Gas through's and if you could use the old RT grip to do it and if you could get one. I just forgot about checking the old RT grip and looking into that until I saw this. I cannot remember how the old grip actualy was configured for that matter. Anyone know right off hand? And if they still stock any of them?

magc68
01-31-2002, 10:31 AM
actually u can do this at home with your existing rt pro. i did 2 myself.

u will notice that the grip is already tapped on the bottom. now drill a air passager through the grip at the approx depth to reach the rt pro lazer stamp on the side of the grip. now drill through this stamp into the grip about 1 inch. then the 2 holes should meet. now go to the hardware and buy a 1/8 pipe thread tap and tap the top hole and walla. u r done.

cphilip
01-31-2002, 01:56 PM
You know I did notice the tapped end but I ahd not explored it very much. What the heck was it there for anyway.

I think I see what you are saying, extend the existing one up to a point where you can come into that from the side, tap it to 1/8 NPT for a fitting (i.e. ELbow or 90 degreee Macro etc. Confirm this though... the bottom one is aready 1/8 NPT?

magc68
01-31-2002, 03:05 PM
take the front grip. drill into the side of the grip (the lazer rt pro stamp) drill just to the center of the grip. not all the way through. now turn it upside down so the tapped end it up. take a 1/8 drill bit and drill down through the grip making a air passage through the middle of the grip. keep drilling till u meet up with the hole drilled through the side. then tap the top hole with a 1/8 tap. the bottom hole is already taped to 1/8npt

talking to tom he told me the bottom is tapped like that becuase its the only way to secure the grip while putting on the tight rubber covering.