PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro valve reg leaking/bolt stick?

Wanta B Sniper
05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
First: I do have an X-Valve repair kit on the way.

Now, my set up is:
RT Pro valve with Level 10 and Pure Energy HP preset reg.

Reg/velocity adjuster leak:
My valve leaks through the velocity adjuster and small top/back hole when ever I have more than 1100 PSI in my tank. It blew out 2000 PSI in a few minutes and once it is below 1100 PSI it leaks just a tiny bit from the small hole on the side of the forward half of the valve.
This happened a few seconds into the second game I used it for while rapid-firing.

Before my leak:
If I don't fire it for a few minutes the trigger will act as if I don't have enough pressure for it to fire but still have enough pressure to set the trigger rod. I don't think it's a Level 10 problem because my old Classic valve with Level 7 was the same.
I can take care of this by tapping the back of the valve on a bunker before each game but it would be nice to fix so it works like it should.

Thank you very much for any help!

secretweaponevan
05-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds like you need a thorough cleaning and a new reg seat o-ring.

Wanta B Sniper
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Great, I expected it to be something more complicated... But then again it is a Mag :p

Thank you very much! :cheers:

athomas
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I'd go with a good cleaning first. That fixes most problems with mags.

Wanta B Sniper
05-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Figured it out, my reg piston was just older than the LvL 10. I have a new piston on the way. For the time being I have my Mag working with the LvL 7 spring as long as I don't rapid fire a long string.

Thanks for the advice!