PDA

View Full Version : ULT wears trigger components

Ebbed
05-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Someone was telling me that the ULT is "the poor mans RT" and its a bad upgrade because it lacks compatibility with the level 10 bolt and causes premature wear to your trigger components. Any truth to this guys?

Tunaman
05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Someone was telling me that the ULT is "the poor mans RT" and its a bad upgrade because it lacks compatibility with the level 10 bolt and causes premature wear to your trigger components. Any truth to this guys?Thats rediculous. Its is the same functional on/off type except it has thinner pin and is adjustable for pin length. If you make it too short or too long it wont fire. If it fires it is in the proper range and won't do any damage. We all know who designed it. ;)

Pullman
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Not really. If you have a classic valve I wouldn't suggest trying to install it in that valve. That has been known to cause problems. However if you have an x-valve, emag or certain RT Pro valves it's a pretty straight forward drop in. The important thing is to have your level 10 tuned first. Then put in the ULT. Also if your Level 10 tears an o ring or something you are gonna want to stick the original on/off back in the valve to tune it.

fishmishin
05-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Pullman, what kinda of problems have you seen with installing a ULT in a classic valve? I was wondering because I installed one in my classic valve tonight with 5 shims and that thing rocks. It was kinda funny because I was just saying I would like to be able to walk the trigger on my mini-mag before I installed it. Well it's walkable now!! I have had a mag for 14 years and I have never had one with a trigger pull that sweet.

Pullman
05-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I personally have never had any troubles, but I've never done it. There was a lot of jabber on here, when they first came out. Something about there wasn't enough pressure to properly reset the on/off in a classic valve.