PDA

View Full Version : The Fight

snoopay700
05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Did anyone see it last night? It was insane, Pacquiao really is a great fighter, made Hattan look like a fool.

EDIT: Really, no one? I figured at least some people here were into boxing.

gibby
05-05-2009, 02:18 AM
What fight?! It was over in the first round from what I saw. Although I was cheering for Manny, I was expecting a better fight. $25 per round is just way too expensive. :(

mfaded
05-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I saw it. Only 2 rds, but well worth the purchase price.

All that talk in Hatton camp didn't amount to much when he really got into the ring. I mean...was that the game plan for Hatton...to walk fwd and just try to nail Pac? There wasn't even a plan B in rd 2.

I had my doubts when they brought in Moorer, but it worked out. Pac's attitude and demeanor is what will take his career even further. Boxers usually let victories go to their head, but Manny seems well grounded.

Roach (genius) + Manny = Unstoppable :eek:

Mayweather? Cotto? We're comin' :)

gibby
05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Tell me about it. You would think Hatton would have been smarter and not rush him like that. If that's the kind of fight he was bringing only to be knocked down in the second, I'm sure any of us would be willing to do that. To think he took home about $12.5M for that lack of effort is amazing!

Now, I don't doubt Hatton has heart. He does. I guess he just got too excited and felt he could muscle Pac. Pac is definitely a different fighter than a few years ago. It will take more brains to defeat Pac now. No longer is he known for his left, but now for his right.

A fight against Mayweather Jr. will be very interesting and I think it's a fight everyone is anticipating.

snoopay700
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Tell me about it. You would think Hatton would have been smarter and not rush him like that. If that's the kind of fight he was bringing only to be knocked down in the second, I'm sure any of us would be willing to do that. To think he took home about $12.5M for that lack of effort is amazing!

Now, I don't doubt Hatton has heart. He does. I guess he just got too excited and felt he could muscle Pac. Pac is definitely a different fighter than a few years ago. It will take more brains to defeat Pac now. No longer is he known for his left, but now for his right.

A fight against Mayweather Jr. will be very interesting and I think it's a fight everyone is anticipating.
Damn school messing with my online time, really shouldn't even be on here now cause i have a lab...

Anyway yeah, i got to see it for free cause my friend's dad paid for the fight, but i'm glad i saw it, i mean Pac has like no weakness now it seems, he's got a great right and an even better left. Now that Mayweather came out of retirement after dodging de la hoya's fight like a punk i want to see either Oscar or Manny knock him down, i know Manny could do it for sure.