PDA

View Full Version : More Pneu Questions

OPBN
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Still waiting for some additional parts and trying to do research. A couple of questions:

1. I may want to opt for a sleeper pneu setup using an intelliframe. What is the best way to mount the LPR into the ASA? I have a CP on/off that I can use. I can mill down the inside bottom of the frame. Do I tap the top of the CP to 1/8" npt to screw the LPR into? I see the Pneumagger offers an adapter for the Gforce frame, would this work for an Intelli?

2. In order for the LPR to fit inside the frame, I think the MSV-2 would have to be mounted relatively high in the frame. Would I just cut the lever shorter in order to fit?

3. If I choose not to mount the LPR in the frame and choose to mount it on the front of the foregrip, I am thinking the easiest way to run the lines is to mill out the frame. Is this common? Does anyone have pics of what they have done that I could copy?

On a non-related, non-pneu question, is there anyone besides Lukes that mills rails? I like the ones he does, but was curious as to what other options there are out there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OPBN
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Nobody?

yahnnieFB
05-06-2009, 10:26 AM
here is some info on modding an asa
http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=7&page=2

i think you'd be better off milling the rail and mounting the lpr in the foregrip. there really isnt much room in an intelliframe for that(although it has been done), and cutting the lever would be a good way of making some more room but it will increase the amount of force it takes to pull the trigger.

Spider-TW
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Still waiting for some additional parts and trying to do research. A couple of questions:

1. I may want to opt for a sleeper pneu setup using an intelliframe. What is the best way to mount the LPR into the ASA? I have a CP on/off that I can use. I can mill down the inside bottom of the frame. Do I tap the top of the CP to 1/8" npt to screw the LPR into? I see the Pneumagger offers an adapter for the Gforce frame, would this work for an Intelli?

2. In order for the LPR to fit inside the frame, I think the MSV-2 would have to be mounted relatively high in the frame. Would I just cut the lever shorter in order to fit?

3. If I choose not to mount the LPR in the frame and choose to mount it on the front of the foregrip, I am thinking the easiest way to run the lines is to mill out the frame. Is this common? Does anyone have pics of what they have done that I could copy?

On a non-related, non-pneu question, is there anyone besides Lukes that mills rails? I like the ones he does, but was curious as to what other options there are out there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1) Your chances of easily fitting an LPR in an intelliframe are slim. Search the tech and workshop forums for 'sleeper' pneus. There is at least one how-to on fitting an lpr in the frame with a CP direct mount (not intelli).

2) Lots of pneus use a trimmed lever. If it is trimmed, try to mount the actuating pin high on the trigger, like the original trigger rod. Short levers and low mounted pins make stiffer trigger pull.

3) Look in the pics thread. Flyingpootang posted a couple lately with front mounted lprs in the tech section. Look for his name in recent posts. Luke can drill and tap your asa for a front mount, and he does the airline milling in the rail as well. That was the easy way for me. It's common enough that Luke has the service on his web page lukescustoms.com

:cheers:

OPBN
05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys. I spoke to Luke about milling the rail and will go with this option on the Mag I am building, but was looking at the sleeper for my older gun. I have a couple of really small LPRS that seem like they would fit into the frame if I milled the bottom down.

Thanks for the links.