PDA

View Full Version : Can an RT frame fit an AM/MM?

leloup
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Does any one know how I can get an RT frame to fit an AM/MM rail? I like the powerlyte frames, and am looking for a single trigger frame that has more room. Best of all, it is cheap. Some one once told me they did it, but I lost the pm.

Watcher
05-04-2009, 07:06 PM
The short answer is no, a RT frame will not fit an AM/MM/RTPro/Emag rail and valve.

The long answer is yes if you do some modding. There needs to be a spacer because the rear frame screw hole is bigger on the RTs. Not sure about it, but I've heard that AGD sells the spacer. I've never seen it, however.

You just need to get a brass plug to fit the rear frame hole and drill the center out to fit the valve screw, however it could be difficult because of the valve tolerances. It is a project best avoided unless you really need to do it.

athomas
05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes, a RT frame is identical to the regular frame except the rear hole is larger to accomodate the larger banjo bolt of the RT. If you use a spacer to take up the slack around the field strip screw then you will be fine. A powertube spacer should work, or something that size. As long as it prevents side to side movement you will be fine.

Chrome
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Dropped you a PM. :)