PDA

View Full Version : WARP FEED and Extreme Rage Overdrive Hopper

trugz
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
All right, you think you never heard dumb questions? Well here is two of them. I have a minimag with a warp feed and a extreme rage overdrive hopper. I am having two problems.

Problem number one - The extreme rage overdrive hopper keeps falling off the warp feed. I even did the hose mod and feed it through the hopper so it will hold it there, still falls of. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Problem number two - Is there a way that I can hook up the extreme rage overdrive hopper to function at the same time as the warp feed? For those that are not familiar with ti, the Extreme Rage Overdrive has a on switch on the side with three different speeds. Does anyone knows how to wire that and the warp feed together so they feed using the warp feed sensor?

DamianTC
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
for your hopper faling off the warp, Its probably one of two things: the feedneck of the hopper is too thick to slide all the way down into the enterance hole of the warp.. Halos are the same way - Just get some sand paper and rub the feedneck down until it slides all the way into the warp.

Or its the opposite and the feedneck is too slim for the enterance hold of the warp and is sliding out. Wrap the hopper's feedneck with electricial tape until it fits in nice and tight.

Watcher
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, I have a Ricochet AK that needs tape to fit securely, and a Ricochet Apache that needed to be sanded down to fit properly. Just take a look at what is happening.

Does the Overdrive operate off of a switch, eyes, sound, what triggers it to spin?

trugz
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
The overdrive operates of a low medium and high switch in the left side of the hopper. I would like to figure out a way to connect the overdrive to the sensor on the warp feed, that way when the warp feed senses the marker firing it will start the overdrive in conjunction. Do ya'll think that is possible or should I just buy another hopper?

Watcher
05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
So, the overdrive is constant agitation? Yes?

If so there is probably no way to trigger it to run off of a "fire" signal from a warp, gun, etc.

I'd go for a different/better hopper...

trugz
05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Any suggestions? I want something that will not overrun the minimag and that will sensor when the marker fires.

Frizzle Fry
05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Any suggestions? I want something that will not overrun the minimag and that will sensor when the marker fires.

Theres a drop-in kit that makes your Revvy (or ER copy) into a ReloaderB, or you can use a standard VL Revolution with an intelliframe... A Halo would work too, but be more expensive than the previous options.

trugz
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Where can I get this kit?

Frizzle Fry
05-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Where can I get this kit?

I see'em on the 'bay from time to time, as well as in the "cheep" bin at Boston Paintball.

trugz
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Cool, found one on ebay and ended up bookmarking it for now.

Watcher
05-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Honestly, for a warp setup IMHO you can't beat a Ricochet.

Depending on the model you get it can feed up to 20bps and they operate off of a switch that senses when balls pass the feedneck and spin, so when the warp rotates and a ball drops the Rico will spin.

The design they have clears the warp hose very nicely, and they can be found super cheap as Rico no longer makes them.
Don't let that turn you away, though, they are high quality and spare parts are still available should it ever break.

I got my Apache (fastest one they make) for under $25 new!

stoffa15
05-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Honestly, for a warp setup IMHO you can't beat a Ricochet.

Depending on the model you get it can feed up to 20bps and they operate off of a switch that senses when balls pass the feedneck and spin, so when the warp rotates and a ball drops the Rico will spin.

The design they have clears the warp hose very nicely, and they can be found super cheap as Rico no longer makes them.
Don't let that turn you away, though, they are high quality and spare parts are still available should it ever break.

I got my Apache (fastest one they make) for under $25 new!

Guys watcher loves his Ricochet hopper.I actually bought a AK and tried to use it with my warpfeed. It didn't feed fast enough for my liking but my biggest problem with it was that the nose was way to far forward.

I've tried a bunch of different hoppers and my favorite has to be the velocity jr.

I guess its just what you feel comfortable with.

automagmasta
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I've tried a bunch of different hoppers and my favorite has to be the velocity jr.

I have to agree. I've used I think every hopper you can think of, and my Vlocity has to be the best.

trugz
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Thank you guys for all of the input and helping make my decision. I am still working on getting one but I have narrowed down to the velocity jr, the ricochet apache and the tippmann ssl-200. For my style of play I am pretty sure they will fill the billet. After all I am using the extreme rage overdrive and I have not out run it so far. The only reason I want to upgrade is in the look for a sensor driven hopper instead of one with a constant agitator.

drewkroeker
05-20-2009, 05:39 PM
I do'n't know what you're looking to spend, but I found that a magna drive by Empire also works great for warpfeeds. The feed tube is forward on the loader, allowing for an easy fit with no hopper modification. The feed tube is just the right size too. It needs to be almost jammed in, but once in it will not move from normal play. It is sound activated so it feeds every shot. The points against it are that it costs more and weighs more than a ricochet.

trugz
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Not a bad recommendations, I will look into that right now. I like th ewhole no modification part.