PDA

View Full Version : Quick Warp question

ManInBlack
05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
After playing with my warped classic RT this past weekend I discovered a problem. The warp quite often would start running and never stop until I disconnected the battery. I thought about turning down the sensitivity but it also wasn't running when I fired it. :confused:

I probably looked pretty silly firing a couple of shots an then slapping the warp to get it to feed every few seconds.

Anyway..... If I do the intelliframe switch mod will the warp cycle when and only when I pull the trigger? (I don't want it running constantly like it's been doing)

The gun in question...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF1505.jpg

dark blade
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
yep, the warp will only feed when the switch is activated. however, in order to do the mod... you actually need an intelliframe.

If you have one then go for it! i highly recommend the intellifeed vs the sensor

Watcher
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, the intellifeed is great. As long as you remove the jumper for the vibration sensor it will only spin when the trigger is pulled and it will stop when the trigger is released.
This does three things:

1) It makes the warp more reliable, and prevents it from spinning prematurely if you happen to bump it on something.

2) Because the warp only spins when the trigger is pulled, and stops spinning when the trigger is released, it shortens the dwell which increases battery life.

3) Looks wicked cool having wires running into your frame, especially since it is a mech gun :rofl:

However, what sounds like to me is the warp needs breaking in.

If the warp is new, and the manual from AGD ststes this, the wcarbon brushes in the motor will spark and the spark can signal the warp that it is being fired.
This means is that once it starts spinning it will continue to spin until there are no more sparks within the dwell time.

You need to essentially break in the warp and how you do this is quite simple.

First plug in a fresh 9V.

Open up the access panel and locate the blue dial.

Turn it down until the warp starts spinning and let it sit until it stops. When it stops turn it a bit more until it spins and let it sit until it stops. And keep repeating this process until you reach the position where the dial is pointing straight down.

After that, it is a matter of finding the balance point. First turn the dial all the way up (unsensetive) and fire the marker with the warp on it. Turn it down until the marker just fires.

Now go to the max, and back it off to where the warp stops spinning. Directly between these 2 points is where the best sensitivity is to be had.

Good luck, and I always wanted to see what a Warp+Pinokio looked like. Very nice :shooting:

ManInBlack
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
yep, the warp will only feed when the switch is activated. however, in order to do the mod... you actually need an intelliframe.

If you have one then go for it! i highly recommend the intellifeed vs the sensor

Thanks. Yes it has an intelliframe. :) better pic:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF1678.jpg

This picture was taken right after I got frustrated with the warp. Doesn't feel as good like this.

Looks like I'll be putting in another order with Luke. Have to go over there and figure out if I want anything else to go with it :shooting: