PDA

View Full Version : Fully automatic mech mag?

om3n
05-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Ok this may seem like a dumb question (keep in mind I am still new to mags), but what are the ways I can make my fully mech mag either fully automatic or an EXTREMELY fast semi automatic?

Here are the ways that I know of to increase the ROF:

pneumag the trigger frame
ULT (which I have but I want faster)
Get a high output regulator for the HPA tank and an RT on/off (my mag won't RT on an 850 psi output reg which I have... rrg)
double-trouble frame (which I have only heard of, but know little about)

Well is there some way I could make my gun truly fully automatic without buying an emag lower? And in such a way that I could somehow adjust it to turn down to semi automatic fairly easily (like switching a part or decreasing input pressure, etc.)

Thanks guys- I want to keep up with my friends electronic guns, but I want to keep my fully mechanical gun fully mechanical :p

Ruler_Mark
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
you can also get a shorter on off pin to increase rt-ability

Miltonyz
05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Easiest way is to find a tank with an adjustable regulator. With my old mech mag I ran a Nitroduck with an adjustable reg at about 1k input and it bounced as fast as anyone's electro. When I needed to detune the bounce just back down the pressure a bit. If you are gonna that route I would switch to steel braided instead of macroline just for peace of mind.

om3n
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Easiest way is to find a tank with an adjustable regulator. With my old mech mag I ran a Nitroduck with an adjustable reg at about 1k input and it bounced as fast as anyone's electro. When I needed to detune the bounce just back down the pressure a bit. If you are gonna that route I would switch to steel braided instead of macroline just for peace of mind.

Hmm... I have an Ireg on my nitroduck tank, but I only have an 850 psi output piston, and that will not allow the mag to RT hardly at all.

Do you have any idea where I could pick up a 1k piston for an ireg?

om3n
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
you can also get a shorter on off pin to increase rt-ability

Where would I get one?

MoeMag
05-07-2009, 12:15 AM
p8ntbal4me

Ive been saying this for a while about the length of the pins should be for reactivity in AGD valves.

As far as E-Mag/ReTro/X-Valves,.... try a pin thats .685 in length and tell me what you think.

Make SURE you actually have a digital caliper and a spare pin to try this with!

Dont cut the pin,.. SLOWLY grind it down checking it little by little.

Im sure you will like the results!

Dont go beyond .682 though,... I have not had a pin work past that number.

Some valves are just different too. I have one x valve that all but refuses to bounce no matter how short the pin, shims stacks, or 1400psi.

Ruler_Mark
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
grinding is the best method as you can slow increase the Rt till you like it,, make sure you test with paint as ther eis a difference.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=108&categoryID=23

longi
05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Yup a shorter on/off and and an adjustable reg such as a Max flo or Dynaflow will give you more fire fire power than you will ever need.

fishmishin
05-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Which valve do you have, is it a classic, RT, x-valve? That is going to play huge difference.

om3n
05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Which valve do you have, is it a classic, RT, x-valve? That is going to play huge difference.

It's an x-valve and I have a ULT on/off and an RT on/off.

Which on/off works better? Also how short should I grind the on/off pin?

And does anyone have an idea where I could buy a piston kit for my nitroduck i-reg?

malJohann
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
It's an x-valve and I have a ULT on/off and an RT on/off.

Definately the RT on/off, the ULT was designed to eliminate bounce, but can be incorrectly installed to have uncontrollable bounce.

And does anyone have an idea where I could buy a piston kit for my nitroduck i-reg?

Used to be available BNIB on ebay, but I can't seem to find the link right now. Maybe they're finally sold out.

rawbutter
05-07-2009, 08:18 AM
You could always make you're own autotrigger like maninblack did.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236434&highlight=autotrigger

It looks like a tricky project, but he got 10+ bps with a normal 850 psi output tank.

Konigballer
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Well,you'e already gotan i-reg, soIwouldmake obtaining a 1k piston your priority.
Advertise that you want to buy one on here, at MCB, or even pbnation and you will find somebody with one to sell. Also look on e-bay. You just have to be willing to do some hunting,because they aren't made anymore.

Use that with your X-valve (with RT on/off) and see how it RT's for you. If it's not satisfactory then you can look into other options.

DamianTC
05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
go on ebay and do a search for nitroduck. you will see the i-reg piston kit for around $25 on someone's store. the kit includes a 1000psi piston for your tank. The piston you have in your tank right now is only 800psi, not 850

om3n
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
go on ebay and do a search for nitroduck. you will see the i-reg piston kit for around $25 on someone's store. the kit includes a 1000psi piston for your tank. The piston you have in your tank right now is only 800psi, not 850

first, you are right. It's only 800- I'm sure you say this because nitroduck only makes an 800 psi output piston, but also my gauge on my gun is off apparently :rolleyes:

ALSO I actually might already have a 1000 psi output piston :) :)

When I bought the tank used from this guy he told me it came with two pistons; a 450 output piston and a 1000 output piston. He said the 450 psi output piston was in the tank, so I needed to switch it out for the other one. I did when I got the tank, and when I tested it the reg on the tank only was outputting 800 psi (looks like 850 on my gun). I haven't even tried the other piston because I thought it was 450 psi... maybe he was totally wrong and gave me an 800 and a 1000 piston :) :) :) I am really hoping so!

So here is my question; is there any way to tell what psi the piston outputs from looking at it?

Thanks again guys!!! And DUDE that auto trigger is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If I get my tank outputting 1000 psi AND I build or modify an auto trigger I will be one happy guy. Do you guys know if it's possible to modify a blade trigger from an intelliframe to work like that auto trigger? Or is there not enough clearance between the back of the trigger and the frame?

Don Carnage
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
The Ireg should do the trick. That's what I primarily use and it's great.

if the gun is not RT'ing, go to the SGD store and pick up 2 new on/off pins. I'd get the Emag lenth one (the shortest) and then the second shortest.

Filing your current RT is possible, but it's a one-way trip. I'd just keep the current pin and snag a shorter one.

om3n
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
The Ireg should do the trick. That's what I primarily use and it's great.

if the gun is not RT'ing, go to the SGD store and pick up 2 new on/off pins. I'd get the Emag lenth one (the shortest) and then the second shortest.

Filing your current RT is possible, but it's a one-way trip. I'd just keep the current pin and snag a shorter one.

thanks guys for the replies.

I'm currently looking for a 1000 psi piston, and if that doesn't give the desired speed then I will modify the on/off pin, or buy a new smaller one more likely. I am also currently working on my own version of the auto trigger using a stock blade trigger from an intelliframe- I know some people said it can't be done, but I'm gonna try any ways :p I have a couple ideas and a grinding wheel, so lets see how it works out!