PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for increasing flight range and consistency

dreadpirate
05-07-2009, 02:43 AM
A couple/three ideas to bounce off those who care:

Would spraying dry textured paintballs with teflon spray, lower wind resistance enough to add accuracy and distance?

What about adding golf-ball dimples, for lift?

Is technology at a point where it may be possible to mount a lightweight chrono to the end of a barrel, connect it to an electronic fire system, which can be set by the user to a certain velocity, and then use the velocity, saved in a circular buffer with a historesis-corrected average (i.e., throw out the highest and lowest value in the buffer), to provide minute adjustments to the amount of time a recharge valve is opened, in order to achieve perfect velocity that adapts on the fly to various factors which cause velocity to drift? (Bottle pressure, air temperature/pressure, body heating in 'mags, barrel changeout etc...) In effect, like the way some ECUs in cars work, recording the user's typical throttle behavior, and adjusting the fuel/air map for ideal fuel economy.

zondo
05-07-2009, 04:06 AM

Would spraying dry textured paintballs with teflon spray, lower wind resistance enough to add accuracy and distance?

Read: http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/tomstech/03_spinning.shtml

Read AGD's Threads: http://www.automags.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Is technology at a point where it may be possible to mount a lightweight chrono to the end of a barrel, connect it to an electronic fire system, which can be set by the user to a certain velocity, and then use the velocity, saved in a circular buffer with a historesis-corrected average (i.e., throw out the highest and lowest value in the buffer), to provide minute adjustments to the amount of time a recharge valve is opened, in order to achieve perfect velocity that adapts on the fly to various factors which cause velocity to drift? (Bottle pressure, air temperature/pressure, body heating in 'mags, barrel changeout etc...) In effect, like the way some ECUs in cars work, recording the user's typical throttle behavior, and adjusting the fuel/air map for ideal fuel economy.

I got nuthin'... :D

malJohann
05-07-2009, 06:08 AM

What he said.

I'm sure its possible, but at what cost? IMO economic feasibility is the biggest stumbling block here.