PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mag Auto Trigger

gunangel
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
First off, being a mag guy sucks.

You realize you have one mag part that's sitting by itself and you decide "oh i should build a mag for that part"...seriously it is a disease :p , if i have even one part i have to build a mag for it.

Anyways I'm in the process of building a pump mag. And something just occurred to me. An RT on/off kicks back the trigger a good deal. So if you used one with a pump mag, would you essentially have an autotrigger?

shives007
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
First off, being a mag guy sucks.

You realize you have one mag part that's sitting by itself and you decide "oh i should build a mag for that part"...seriously it is a disease :p , if i have even one part i have to build a mag for it.

Anyways I'm in the process of building a pump mag. And something just occurred to me. An RT on/off kicks back the trigger a good deal. So if you used one with a pump mag, would you essentially have an autotrigger?

I used to use that exact set-up quite a bit. It isn't really an auto-trigger, but it is very easy to get a nice rythm going. The tapping of the pump handle pushes the gun back letting your trigger finger off the trigger just a bit.

Have fun with it.

Shives

Spider-TW
05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
The RT effect is a pulse. You will have a hard time trying to catch it with a pump arm. :argh:

You could probably make an autotrigger-on-pull (or push also) by adding some levers and connectors in the rail. Then you would really hear about how "that is not a pump".

gunangel
05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
^yea autotriggers are always a bit of a mystery. when is a pump no longer a pump and all that.

well i'm glad the setup will at least work, and i plan on having a ton of fun with it :D

Sumthinwicked
05-07-2009, 03:57 PM
i kinda messed with people and my pumpmag i didnt use the spring in semi play but stilll pumped with every shot untill i needed to unload it was amusing.... peeps would say hey ur ramping on a pump im like i never said it was a pump just cause it has the pump handle mounted LOL

gunangel
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
i totally need to try that, going full auto with a pump would be hilarious!

Sumthinwicked
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
hyperframe ona pumpmag LOL get them everytime they have no clue why ur using a hopper