PDA

View Full Version : Took matters into my own hands...

SithSteve
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, as I'm sure most of you know, Kruger has put a halt on his grip services. This has forced me to create my own grips from some spare Macassar Ebony panels I had laying around.

Now, please keep in mind that I don't claim to be any type of wood-worker... not even at a hobby level. Plus, I consider myself to be pretty bare-bones as far as equipment is concerned. All I used was a jigsaw, belt sander and a cord-less hand drill (which I now have an excuse to get a decent drill press :rolleyes: )...

So, here ya go... I think they turned out pretty good for never making anything like this before (sorry for the crappy pics... just another thing I have to buy :p )!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/sithsteve/home-madegrips2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/sithsteve/home-madegrips.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/sithsteve/home-madegrips3.jpg

Because of what I was working with, I chose not to try and make a cut-out for the display, but if/when I get better equipped, I'll probably give it a go.

:cheers:

tweter
05-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I think they look great :clap: nice job

ManInBlack
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow, that looks so clean and simple.

Chrome
05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Very nice - you should be proud of that work! Lovely grain pattern too. :)

Magnus
05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I know the feeling. Sometimes you have to just roll up your sleeves and 'get-r-done'. They look great. You should consider offering them as a service.

Toll
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Goes to prove you don't need a huge shop to get stuff done. They look great.

Spider-TW
05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Looks great. I like them without the window. I don't normally care about screw color, but I think some black screws would make it look factory and tie the whole thing together.

SithSteve
05-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Looks great. I like them without the window. I don't normally care about screw color, but I think some black screws would make it look factory and tie the whole thing together.

At first I thought that too, but the more I look at it, the more I can deal with the stainless screws... I think it works because of the other stainless/silver colored parts.

warbeak2099
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Wow they look great. Perfect width too IMO.

Texas Trigger
05-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Beautiful wood. Nice work.

kruger
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Very nice work and the wood looks great. See, its not that hard to do. And, all I ever used was a belt sander, Drill press, and scroll saw. You def need a drill press, just to counter sink the holes. And, if you decide to start doing this for others, shoot me a PM and I will save you a lot of time and heart ache. I will try to smooth out the learning curve a bit for you.

fishmishin
05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
AH for what did you say, a novice, I think you did an outstanding job. Certainly something to be proud of. The Ebony looks great !!

Sumthinwicked
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
herm i might need to loook at this