PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Level 10 to 7

Nick28
05-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I've been battling my level 10 since day one. After its break in period it's been all over the map. No matter what combination I put in I never get it run at 100%. I got it running now but every once in a while I'll get bolt stick with a small leak down the barrel. With all that said I think I might go for a level 7. I use a rotor so I'm not really concerned with chopping. Basically I'm checking to see if it's an easy change.

Barsse
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Yep, just take the components out, and stick back:
- Lvl 7 O-ring
- PT Spacer or a spring
- Screw on powertube tip.

Then put the lvl 7 bolt aback - and you're set.

stoffa15
05-13-2009, 12:05 AM
dude don't give up on your lvl X. this type of technology seperates agd from companies we do not discuss. Even though your running with the rotor you can still get breaks. lvl 7 bolts are notoriously hard on paint.I love knowing that I'll never break a ball and I wow the kids at my field when I put my finger in the chamber a squeeze the trigger

did you try tightening down your thumb screw???
or even the nut on your mainbody.

Wanta B Sniper
05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
I have one word of advise: Patience. Utilize the information provided by AGD in the link below, same stuff as what is on the CD that comes with the LvL 10.
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml
Take a deep breath, and make some free time and get lots of air on hand and follow the directions step by step after reading everything else about it first. When you get it working you will have more old LvL 7 bolts laying around than you have any use for. :)

But, if you still want to run a LvL 7 I would happily trade my old soup mixer for another LvL 10. :p

EDIT: Have you used a generous amount of lube?

EDIT Again: Also, if you have a LvL 10 try switching around your springs a bit, mine RTs faster with the short, gold spring than with the long, red spring but it will not RT at all with my LvL 7 because the pressure is too low.