PDA

View Full Version : Sweetspotting

damajor
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Just curious if anyone notices a difference sweetspotting the trigger when using a single trigger vs. a double trigger? Is one easier then the other?

chafnerjr
05-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Just curious if anyone notices a difference sweetspotting the trigger when using a single trigger vs. a double trigger? Is one easier then the other?

A lot of people like using the splinter blade pro (double trigger) in specific... but I'd imagine it's all personal preference. I don't do the RT thing so... :tard:

Spider-TW
05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
It's easier to find at the bottom of a double trigger because of the leverage, but I find it easier to sustain at the top of either trigger because my finger doesn't move as much and it takes a heavier pull in general. I'll choke up on a double and let the bottom of the trigger flap away while my finger at the top only moves a little.

I usually play with a single trigger when I play with trigger bounce since my bottom finger just gets in the way.

Wanta B Sniper
05-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Both my friend and I have had much better performance with the RT using the top groove of my double trigger. A single trigger would be fine for me. You'd have to try one and the other to find your preference.

stoffa15
05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
This is from zakvetter.com, I'm pretty sure everyone here will agree he knows what he's talking about.

5. A Blade / Finger Trigger Frame
Again, not a must but I mention it as its very helpful. The double trigger offers you more control of the rapidfire and, (I think) general shooting and ROF. Since the trigger on the Automag is nothing more than pushing a pin in that opens a valve, how slowly you are able to push it in will dictate how easily you can hit that “sweet-spot” where the gun rapidfires.

Imagine if the trigger was 10 feet long and you were pulling it from the bottom slowly; you would have a HUGE degree of control over how far the pin was pushed in and you could hold that position with ease. Though an exaggeration, this is the case with the single vs. double trigger. Pulling the trigger the 'right' amount (and holding it) with a single trigger is much harder than with a longer blade or double trigger.

I found that holding the trigger at the corner above the bottom curve of the blade is the ideal place to pull from. I also suggest you try using 1 finger as you want to be consistent (and light) in your pressure. The higher the input pressure into the gun, the easier and stronger the rapidfire will feel. And of course all you have to do to stop (if you got on a nice long string) is to pull the rest of the way, or let go.