PDA

View Full Version : Hoppers

kcombs9
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I will be getting my first Emag this week (Hopefully) and all i have is a old school 12V View loader that I don't think is going to keep up when I start doing 3 round burst at the field I play at even if its first born child was at stacks.

So my questions is for the money whats my best option... I watched a TechPB vid on youtube comparing the Rotor Prophecy and Pinokio loaders and he says "well they all 3 are good..."

My field only sells Velocity (?) loaders cause they don't think you need anything else, that great for them and all the Ion's they sell... But I don't want a constant rev from my hopper while I'm hiding inside a bunker waiting to ambush the other team.

I think the big factor will be the Emag I'm getting has a Predator morlock board in it, do they have a RF signal that I could link to the prophecy?

Budget: I can afford any of those 3 loaders TechPB reviewed.

Chop: I have a lvl 10 and I might have an Eye installed once I get a New body I like and not spend 500$ just for the body.

What in the AO community's opinion is the better of the 3 (or any other loader) for a mag/Emag

automagmasta
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
empire loaders are quiet, but I would go with either a rotor or velocity. they both are super fast, but they arent near as quiet as a halo or empire.

chafnerjr
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
IMO I would say either empire/halo or a VL Jr. Those tend to be the work horses around here. Lot's of parts that are easy to get... (But the halo's a pain to take apart on field.) The rotor looked great... but a lot of people are telling me that they are junk... I am sure someone here knows better that I. Don't hate the rotor because I said so :tard:

PS nothing is faster/quieter then a Series 3 Q-Loader... just FYI. Not my kind of thing, but it fit's what your asking. :cheers:

kcombs9
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
IMO I would say either empire/halo or a VL Jr. Those tend to be the work horses around here. Lot's of parts that are easy to get... (But the halo's a pain to take apart on field.) The rotor looked great... but a lot of people are telling me that they are junk... I am sure someone here knows better that I. Don't hate the rotor because I said so :tard:

PS nothing is faster/quieter then a Series 3 Q-Loader... just FYI. Not my kind of thing, but it fit's what your asking. :cheers:

Don't like the Idea of a Q-Loader nor do I need anything that fast...

When I said I want it to be "quiet" all I read about is the Velocity runs all the time even if your not shooting, so it makes noise and eats up batteries

Both of you say empire/Halo do you mean Prophecy/Helo? ( Yes empire makes prophecy )

fishmishin
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I love my velocity Jr. I don't know about the running all of the time. It does have eyes, and it does have a humm for a couple of seconds after the stack is full, but that is just the loader keeping tension on the stack. They aren't exactly the greatest on battery life, but I noticed a drastic improvement with a Evil igniter chip installed, and I picked it up on Ebay for $18 with shipping. They are a lot easier to clean than a halo or reloader also. Not as easy as the rotor. I have sold about 20 rotors in the past three months, and the only thing I have heard bad about them from any of my customers is you can't use a large bore paint with them. Even the Dye rep told me they don't like cheap paint. I also haven't had the first one come back to me for anything. I also like the material the shell is made of. It is a nylon looking plastic similar to a 200rnd gravity hooper, seems to be very tough. I do know that I am not spending $150 on loader though, especially since I don't have but $100 in my velocity Jr and it does fine with me. I will say I haven't tried my velocity Jr on anything shooting over 20bps though. With that said Imo the velocity series stacks up pretty good !! Hope this helps. Oh and if you pick up the velocity Jr and put the chip in it you have about the same as a velocity with a bigger mouth for loading, forgot to throw that in there.

kcombs9
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
thanks for the input Fish.

I just found a place about 2hours from me that has all day reball play for 25$ (all the reballs you can shoot and all day air) and I know the rotor says DONT use Reballs in it so thats out...

I'll do some reading on the Velocity other wise I'm leaning toward a Prophecy or used halo.

fishmishin
05-12-2009, 06:14 AM
The velocity will shoot reballs, but they have to be lubed. This is the case with all of the loaders though. I use reballs to test fire markers at my store, and I don't lube them because you have to clean your loader afterwards. I took a 10rnd loader, put some electrical tape on one end of it so it would fit in feednecks tight, and that is what I use for reballs to test guns in the store. I have used my velocity with them, but they have to be lubed first, or they will hang up on each other and cause a jam. Again like I said though this is the case with all of the loaders, I tried the halo, reloader b, torque, magna, pinochio, and the prophecy, oh and the rotor. None of them would feed reballs right if they weren't lubed. I hope you enjoy the reball facility, thats something we currently don't have around here. Anyway hope this helps !!

Xceolite
05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I have a pinokio and i love it. Other than it getting turned on in my bag by being bumped...I have had no issues. I just remove the batteries after play.
WHen the batteries did die, it continued to feed at a decent rate. Not like the pulse I prevously had.

Using the 250 ball capacity nose, I find it feels like it takes a long time to unload. It does give you a bigger profile, but I do enjoy have 250 paintballs on hand at the bigging of the game.

My bother-in-law uses a Rotor and the profile is very low. Yuo can buy a high cap(250) shell to add to it. It's a solid hopper also.