PDA

View Full Version : How bout them BlackHawks

Beemer
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Ya I be a Hawk fan. What can I say. Its my home town. :D

How bout the trick by Patrick Kane. First in a play off since 95.

What a thrilling game to watch with the lead changes. It was close till the end when the Hawks buried the hatchet. Power Play goals hurt the Canucks

Here come the Hawks the Mighty BlackHawks....... :clap: :dance:

Sundown
05-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Yeah I am pretty happy to see the hawks play well.. since they are an exciting young club and did not go far in the playoffs for a while.

I would like to see Hawks VS Pens in the finals... just hope Crosby can hold up :)

Oh and the Hawks would need to step up against the Wings... or maybe Ducks if ever :headbang:

grEnAlEins
05-23-2009, 11:48 AM
How about that W last night?!?!

EFF DETROIT!!

gimp
05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah I am pretty happy to see the hawks play well.. since they are an exciting young club and did not go far in the playoffs for a while.

I would like to see Hawks VS Pens in the finals... just hope Crosby can hold up :)

Oh and the Hawks would need to step up against the Wings... or maybe Ducks if ever :headbang:

I'm hoping to see a Hawks vs Pens in the finals too. That should be a good matchup to watch. I would have preferred Hawks vs Bruins though :cuss:

DamianTC
05-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Whoever the Pens play in the finals, I hope Geno Malkin keeps it up.. he is really hot right now

zondo
05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
How about that W last night?!?!

EFF DETROIT!!

Hmmm... what 'bout that win last night? ;)

Beemer
05-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Hmmm... what 'bout that win last night? ;)

Bah.......OUCH....That spanking hurt :wow: .......Bite me.........It aint over yet. :argh:

Ruler_Mark
05-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Bah.......OUCH....That spanking hurt :wow: .......Bite me.........It aint over yet. :argh:

How about how un sportsmen the whole chi squad was, half thier team was kicked out of the game....

Thotograph
05-25-2009, 12:27 AM
That was pretty bad... my condolences on losing Khabibulin. Despite being a 'Wings fan I still would rather watch competitive and sporting hockey. Game 3 was a good showing for Huet but last night was just a beatdown in the purest sense (both goalies got hammered). The fact that half the Chicago skaters lost their cool wasn't good for anyone. I hope to see better competition for the next game but I don't really see a game 6 in this series' future. Lol just looking at the game summary, soo many pens in the 3rd period. Versteeg was on the ice for 5 seconds before he took the second in that back-to-back nonsense. That really was the nail in the coffin.

Lohman446
05-25-2009, 10:09 AM
What bothered me is, down 2 games to 0, the national media began to call game 3 a must win for the hawks. After they squeeked out a victory in a highly competetive game, now down 2-1, the media seemed to have awarded them the series victory. I think the Wings just used that as motivation (the same as after the Ducks overtime victory) and came out and played harder. I expect game 5 to be more competetive.

/Repeat

MANN
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Ya I be a Hawk fan. What can I say.

Sorry to see your season come to an end.

GO Penguins!! :D

wanted a rematch :shooting:

Lohman446
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Its over now :)

We'll see how good the Red Wings depth is. The Wings made some great moves since last year.... so have the Penguins.

FreakBaller12
05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Its over now :)

We'll see how good the Red Wings depth is. The Wings made some great moves since last year.... so have the Penguins.
red wings making moves? Forgive me if im wrong but they only signed Hossa and extended zetterberg's contract? Granted it Marian Hossa but he pretty much went to them, they didn't pull an manuevers to convince him to comeover.
However the Penguins pretty much filled the gaps that the Hossa trade voided this season acquiring fedotenko, kunitz, guerin. It doesn't hurt to have former cup winners come over ;)
Not to much Dan Blysma doing a phenomenol job coaching. The team is playing as a team not as 2 superstars and the rest.
Difference makers of the series? Scuderi/Gill line and Fleury.

Lohman446
05-29-2009, 07:34 AM
red wings making moves? Forgive me if im wrong but they only signed Hossa and extended zetterberg's contract? Granted it Marian Hossa but he pretty much went to them, they didn't pull an manuevers to convince him to comeover.
However the Penguins pretty much filled the gaps that the Hossa trade voided this season acquiring fedotenko, kunitz, guerin. It doesn't hurt to have former cup winners come over ;)
Not to much Dan Blysma doing a phenomenol job coaching. The team is playing as a team not as 2 superstars and the rest.
Difference makers of the series? Scuderi/Gill line and Fleury.

The Wings have experience being winners in the finals :). I go with experience in six.

MANN
05-29-2009, 12:58 PM
The Wings have experience being winners in the finals :). I go with experience in six.

I think the young guns will take it in 5

Lohman446
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the young guns will take it in 5

I wanted to go with five, but I don't think realistically either team will be dominant enough to do it. I like the idea that the Red Wings were able to go through Chicago without some of the veterans. The young guys, with a veteran leader on each line, should be able to pull through.

The concern is that "Sid the Kid" is less the kid every year, and becomes that much better mentally.

Lohman446
05-31-2009, 10:31 PM
I am amazed at how much the announcers talk like the Penguins are doing great. Apparently they forget to check certain things.

/SCOREBOARD

MANN
06-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I wanted to go with five

can I change my decision to wings in 4. :(

It seems like every bad bounce is going to the penguins. They just cannot get in a rythem. I almost cried in game 1 when 2 of the goals that went in were just random. I dream of making shots that go off the backboard, off the back of the golie, and into the goal.

I guess it just shows that shots on goal can make a difference. Maybe someone should tell pittsburg this

Lohman446
06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
can I change my decision to wings in 4. :(

It seems like every bad bounce is going to the penguins. They just cannot get in a rythem. I almost cried in game 1 when 2 of the goals that went in were just random. I dream of making shots that go off the backboard, off the back of the golie, and into the goal.

I guess it just shows that shots on goal can make a difference. Maybe someone should tell pittsburg this

I will give the Pens this. Despite the hard hits? that they kept talking about on Crosby I kept looking at red jerseys on the ice. Either the wings can't skate or the Pens are hitting them well.

The Wings are playing it seems to me with a sense that this team could beat them. Did you see the defensemen? (I forget which one) lay across the goal line when Osgood apparently lost the puck. They are taking hail mary shots when its the only play available. The Penguins look to me like they just expect to win without that last little bit of effort.

Ruler_Mark
06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I will give the Pens this. Despite the hard hits? that they kept talking about on Crosby I kept looking at red jerseys on the ice. Either the wings can't skate or the Pens are hitting them well.

The Wings are playing it seems to me with a sense that this team could beat them. Did you see the defensemen? (I forget which one) lay across the goal line when Osgood apparently lost the puck. They are taking hail mary shots when its the only play available. The Penguins look to me like they just expect to win without that last little bit of effort.

The pens are giving alot of illegal hits that arent getting called. The wings are playing like the more experienced team they are. The refs were horrible these first 2 games imo alot of penalties uncalled.

Lohman446
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I loved in the intermission between 2 and 3 when they were talking to the announcers and the one who was saying what the Pens coach should say and he thought "change nothing"... ummm apparently they had not noticed the score.

:) Five - Wings in 5.

They lose tonight or tomorrow night in a close game and then take the cup at home.

I keep hearing "the series isn't over until you lost at home". Math says otherwise, even if the Wings can't win in Pittsburgh I don't think the Penguins can win in Detroit. I still say the Wings take one of the next two though and its over in 5.

Lohman446
06-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Well.. the Penguins found the Wings weakness: the officials.

On the plus side it was so blatant last night that I think its going to have to get better.

Why does it seem that the Wings are playing college style and afraid to lay a hit on anyone?

MANN
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM

LOL. The 6guys on the ice at a time was hilarious. I cant believe they did not catch it.

Ruler_Mark
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM

On the plus side it was so blatant last night that I think its going to have to get better.

Why does it seem that the Wings are playing college style and afraid to lay a hit on anyone?

the wings'd get foul'd

zondo
06-06-2009, 03:47 AM
Heh... subtle change in subject in this thread. :D

Lohman446
06-06-2009, 08:46 AM
LOL

I will give this to Pittsburgh: They played a far more aggressive form of hockey in game 3. When you hear the Wings looked tired in game 4 you need to just watch the hits put on them in game 3 vs the hits they gave out to understand why one team looked beat up and the other didn't. The good news, in game 4, they were laying out the hits as hard as they were taking them. Its become an interesting series, and it puts the Wings in a "must win" situation for game 5.

MANN
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
game 5 :cry:

Lohman446
06-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I was in Detroit for a Tigers game, and there were Pittsburgh fans on the people mover after the 2nd period. That wasn't even a hockey score. The loudest cheering of the night was when they posted the Wings score on the board

Beemer
06-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Doh 2 games down and they make a come back to win.............and I missed the freaking game. :(

MANN
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Doh 2 games down and they make a come back to win.............and I missed the freaking game. :(

It was a great game. both teams played well.

Lohman446
06-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Fleury was unbeleivable, it was a great game. I was surprised at how well the Penguins played when Crosby was hurt.

My only misgivings about the whole thing, and I was hoping they wouldn't, was when they gave Malkin the trophy. Something about him on the ice bothers me, perhaps its the way he celebrates after a goal.... Even if he earned it I wish they had found someone else

Regardless, it was a great game, all the credit in the world to Fleury, to make a comeback from that game 5 fiasco to win.