PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One issues

Bruteforce
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
About two months ago I bought a Tac-One from a kid online with no reviews, and no surprise it was broken. I have tried to solve the problem myself, but I'm stumped so I thought I would go to the experts.

its only about two years old and has only fired a few cases of paint. It has a level 10 bolt and an X-valve with a ULT.

Now onto the problems, when I first screw in my tank air leaks down the barrel untill I start to shoot, and leaks between shoots for the first 20 or so shots fired after which the leak stops. The second problem is that it seams that if I fire more than one ball per second, the marker just makes a puff noise and then the ball will only travel about a foot out of the barrel.

stoffa15
05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm no expert but I mess with my Mag.... Alot... First thing you should do is break down the the gun,lube everything up really good. put everything back together really good and go from there.It is almost impossible to break a Mag most problems usually happen from not enough oil on the orings, your mainbody's bolt isn't snug enough or thumb screw is to tight or loose.

remember when you think you put enough oil on your orig put an extra drop. :headbang:

BigEvil
05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Everything sounds like somewhat simple tuning issues. Firstly, take some time to familiarize yourself with the gun, specifically the lvl10 and ult systems.

The leaking sounds like you either need to replace the carrier oring in the power tube (LVL10) or go down to a smaller carrier.

Once you square that away, you can attempt to tune the ULT by adding or removing shims from it. More shims, the lighter, snappier the pull and the more bounce you will get.

:cheers:

Bruteforce
05-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks for your advice. I thought I put enough oil on there the first time I took it apart, but I guess not. I broke it down as much as I could and layed the oil on the O-rings as much as I could untill it started to drip off. That fixed the leak down the barrel, but now it dosent always fire when I pull the trigger. When it doesnt fire, it just hisses down the barrel the same as if it were leaking.

While I'm here picking your brain, I was thinking about removing the ULT and reinstaling the R/T so my question is do I have to remove any shims or switch carriers?

stoffa15
05-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Thanks for your advice. I thought I put enough oil on there the first time I took it apart, but I guess not. I broke it down as much as I could and layed the oil on the O-rings as much as I could untill it started to drip off. That fixed the leak down the barrel, but now it dosent always fire when I pull the trigger. When it doesnt fire, it just hisses down the barrel the same as if it were leaking.

While I'm here picking your brain, I was thinking about removing the ULT and reinstaling the R/T so my question is do I have to remove any shims or switch carriers?

alright we got one thing out of the way,now we have to deal with the second. tell me how many shims do you have in your ult????? I would say make sure your ult is tight, I had a problem like that before and my ult wasn't screwed in enough. I really don't think there is any thing there is any thing wrong with your marker,tighten up the ult and you should be good . let me know what happens :shooting:

Wanta B Sniper
05-16-2009, 09:23 AM
To reinstall the RT on/off just pull out the ULT and pop in the RT. Easy.

Leaking down the barrel on some shots, try removing one shim from your Level 10. Does it leak when you hold the trigger?

Bruteforce
05-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Well I'm confused. I just aired up the marker, and I could not get it to have the same problem as it was befor, she fired each and every time I pulled the trigger :headbang:

So since that was working great, I thought I would give the stock R/T a shot. I slaped the o-rings on the on/off top and the pin and lubed them up and sliped it in. I put everything else back together and aired it up, and to my surprise there were no leaks! But I did find it odd how the trigger pull of the two were nearly the same.

Now I have just one more question, with the R/T I was only able to get maybe 5bps and I could only sweet spot it for maybe 5-7 rounds. Is this because my air tank is only 800-850psi?

Wanta B Sniper
05-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, that is because your air tank is only putting out 800-850 PSI. I run mine at 1100 PSI and the performance is outstanding! :shooting:

Also, the leaking may have finally stopped because your o-rings might have needed to be broken in first.

Looper
05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
I get excellent R/T effect on my XValve by using 800 psi, .712 pin and a quad o-ring in my R/T on off.

Wanta B Sniper
05-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Yep, my RT Pro probably did around 10-12 BPS with 800-ish PSI. But each valve performs slightly differently. One might go nuts at 850, while another may need 950.

Bruteforce
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I never knew there were different size pins, what do different sizes do to the marker? Also, whats a quad O-ring? Does anyone know if someone still makes high-output regs?

Looper
05-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I never knew there were different size pins, what do different sizes do to the marker? Also, whats a quad O-ring? Does anyone know if someone still makes high-output regs?Pin sizes you can order from AGD
.712 <- Stock Emag pin
.750 <- Stock XValve Pin

A Quad o-ring looks like an X if you cut it by the cross section and is the o-ring used in the valves installed in Emags.
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/large/lg_195.jpg (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24)