PDA

View Full Version : The lightest Mag in the world - full CF diet!

mpsd
05-12-2009, 11:13 PM
OK, so after realizing that my Mag wasn't the lightest or at least the coolest super-light Mag, I decided to get back to the original idea when I got this body and here it is:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC05862.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC05863.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC05864.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC05865.jpg

- CF ULE Body by WarpedMephisto
- CF Battery Pack
- CF Grips
- CF Deadlywind Barrel
- RPG Shadow rail
- ULE Lowers
- Tunablade Trigger
- Deadlywind on/off
- 1000 MAH Battery
- Green LED Display
- XMOD 1.7
- X Valve with Level 10

All CF shown here is 100% REAL CF. So, how do you guys like it now?

:headbang:

Engus
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Awesome! although I can see where you could loose a little more weight.

Things to do for redicilous lightness:
-direct bolt on on/off (no rail)
-trim body down to about flush with barrel threads
-mill down rail's exterior, maybe like an alpha or something

It looks beatiful as is though :clap:

eXo_oUtSiDeR
05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
you could also mill the valve
or ule the cf frame( if thats possible?)
and you could cut "windows" in the body
lol

anyways SICK MAG! :shooting:

Chrome
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I was thinking ditch the foregrip completely to shave off some more weight.

. . . but I would leave it just like it is. Very cool mag! :D

olinar
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Looks really awesome.

I was trying to build a similar mag a while back but lost interested in it,
I find that I have more fun building the guns than playing!

Only one thing upsets me about that mag,
The dw foregrip is for an rt rail!
You need a am/mm one, it would like 12 times better.

DevilMan
05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/DevilMan75/Private%20Stash/HPIM2619.jpg

Pretty sure I have ya beat by a gram or two!!!!

:D

And there is more to come for mine. Will update it after this weekend where I'll be dropping some grams.

DM

mpsd
05-12-2009, 11:40 PM

And there is more to come for mine. Will update it after this weekend where I'll be dropping some grams.

DM

LOL!

koleah
05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I see an easy way to lose some grams:

Cut off the angle part of the front of the body like a Pariah body so its flush with the rail. That will definietly cut some grams.

Plus yeah, get a direct mount asa also.

Oh yeah, and how do I get one of those carbon fiber bodies?

eXo_oUtSiDeR
05-12-2009, 11:44 PM
i wish someone would make a carbon fiber frame and rail that would match the barrel/foregrip.

Engus
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Im not really sure how you go about doing that, but a delrin rail would probably be possible.

WUNDERWAFFEN
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Too funny, they are almost identical looking. I remember a thread that had the valve covered in CF as well. You could dump some real weight by going remote.

zondo
05-13-2009, 01:56 AM
- CF body by WarpedMephisto
- CF DW front grip
- CF DW Fibur unported 10" barrel
- CF AGD gripframe
- ULE'd AM/MM rail
- DW drop and on/off
- eMax valve with ULT

[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec... I didn't think WM was selling his wares yet!

Engus
05-13-2009, 02:09 AM
theyre prototypes I think. The production model was/is going to use a totally new breech piece instead of converted ULE bodies IIRC

edit: I really like the sanded down frame, and these are just begging for a small hopper and 13/3k :shooting:

Rudz
05-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Get ahold of an alpha rail and slice that body flush, use a smaller direct mount on/off, but I bet both those are uber light

Spider-TW
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
With at least two nice ones, we may need to start a "-mag" category for them.

Like carbon-mag or UberLE mag.

Nice work guys.

SSP-SheiK
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
"Feather/Welterweight Mag" :headbang:

cant wait to get my mag done...

Beemer
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
This gun weighted 780 grams and 100% functional! It's amazing!!!

Is that weight with or with out the barrel?

kcombs9
05-13-2009, 11:40 AM
where do you place an order for the CF bodys? Just ordered me a DW CF barrel and this is a must to go along with it imo

SSP REAPER
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
where do you place an order for the CF bodys? Just ordered me a DW CF barrel and this is a must to go along with it imo
currently there are 6 out in the mag community including mine and warpedmephisto. I am not sure when he plans on offering these to the public, but I like the exclusivity of having a 1 of 6 right now :cheers:

Ruler_Mark
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
currently there are 6 out in the mag community including mine and warpedmephisto. I am not sure when he plans on offering these to the public, but I like the exclusivity of having a 1 of 6 right now :cheers:

We were his test run, we are suppose to run them into the ground etc then he will offer it..

Just a quick not to the other 6,, If your sleeve twists easy red locktite the gap then put ti together. Mine cannot be moved unless i crank on it.

SSP REAPER
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
We were his test run, we are suppose to run them into the ground etc then he will offer it..

Just a quick not to the other 6,, If your sleeve twists easy red locktite the gap then put ti together. Mine cannot be moved unless i crank on it.
Mine does not move once it is aired up. I am ok with a little movement as long as it stays put when the air is on :D

Ruler_Mark
05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Mine does not move once it is aired up. I am ok with a little movement as long as it stays put when the air is on :D

meeeh <- perfectionist....

we all need to do major props to WM for doin this and DM for handling it

behemoth
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/DevilMan75/Private%20Stash/HPIM2619.jpg

DM

While i have to say yours looks better, the sub zero is a meaty feedneck. his BP no-rider might be lighter. Also, his on/off and rail are definitely lighter.

Aside from that, You both have some cute little guns :D

chafnerjr
05-13-2009, 06:53 PM
What's the deal in the first two pictures... the breach looks like it's at a slight angle to the rail and CF body... all the rest look fine. This could pose a significant issue... I guess that why you're all testing them eh! Nice work all around though! I get to see one of these in person soon as ssp_reaper plays at a local field :cheers:

mpsd
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
What's the deal in the first two pictures... the breach looks like it's at a slight angle to the rail and CF body... all the rest look fine. This could pose a significant issue... I guess that why you're all testing them eh! Nice work all around though! I get to see one of these in person soon as ssp_reaper plays at a local field :cheers:

No deal. Maybe just the angle of the picture. These bodies maintain the original threading to mount them to the rail so there's no way one can twisted or at any angle.

DevilMan
05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes the Feedneck is coming off this weekend. And well there is more in store for the rail as well.

Some of you know I was trying for the sub 1lb mag.... It's not really possible as I consider having an ASA up to the barrel and being fully functional as the criteria. Like saying I have the lightest car in the world, but measuring it without oil, tires, and anti-freeze.

Anyway.... My body does twist while on, but I'm going to fix that as well.

Thanx to WM for hooking a select few up with some sick bodies.....

The cat got out of the bag a bit off schedule, but oh well....

DM

mpsd
05-13-2009, 10:22 PM
The cat got out of the bag a bit off schedule, but oh well....

Did I release it too early? Sorry if so!

:cheers:

DevilMan
05-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Did I release it too early? Sorry if so!

Yeah just a bit... but what the hell... we were waiting on you to get back south and then one of the others got evac'd from his house, so we were going to wait until he got back in and set up....

I think I got mine it as 1lb 3 oz. That's from the ASA to the tip of the barrel and that's with a 14" CF barrel on it.

I will have to weigh it again after this weekend as there are more parts coming and going that will make it as light as possible with all the parts available that I know of.

For the ASA/Rail combo.... a Direct Mount CP one weighs roughly twice what the NDZ one I have on weighs. I have found only one other ASA that is lighter and that's only by 1 gram. I weighed them. That one will go on the marker along with my other rail and other parts and I'll take pics and get weights sometime next week.

Good to see ya made it home MPSD!

DM

mpsd
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah just a bit... but what the hell... we were waiting on you to get back south and then one of the others got evac'd from his house, so we were going to wait until he got back in and set up....

I think I got mine it as 1lb 3 oz. That's from the ASA to the tip of the barrel and that's with a 14" CF barrel on it.

I will have to weigh it again after this weekend as there are more parts coming and going that will make it as light as possible with all the parts available that I know of.

For the ASA/Rail combo.... a Direct Mount CP one weighs roughly twice what the NDZ one I have on weighs. I have found only one other ASA that is lighter and that's only by 1 gram. I weighed them. That one will go on the marker along with my other rail and other parts and I'll take pics and get weights sometime next week.

Good to see ya made it home MPSD!

DM

Thanks, man! The trip was awesome! California 1 is one of the most beautifull highways/views I've ever seen in my life! And I really liked LA too!

Only sad thing is that I was running so much during the trip that I couldn't set up any games with the people here.

Now, regarding this body, I'll install it onto my eMag as originally intended and will install the Exile on this gun. It should look very good with my CF grips and my CF battery pack (I had it made here in Brazil at a car tuning shop). Will post pics during the weekend.

Chrome
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Don't quote me on this one, but I think the split plastic grips off the original aluminum AGD gripframes fit on the CF frames and are lighter than the rubber wrap around ones; might be good for another couple grams?

warpedmephisto
05-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Just to make a quick note - I didn't use any kind of glue or threadlocker on the joint between the breech and the tube as I wanted it to be easily removable in case a tube had to be replaced. The tube is manufactured to a very good tolerance on the ID so I was able to machine all the shoulder OD's on the bodies to the same dimension (+/- about 0.0002 inch) and get a very tight fit on all of them. I figured they shouldn't really rotate at all when installed and in use, so no locating feature or glue/epoxy was needed. If you want to Loctite them, go for it - but just be sure you can remove it if need be.

Glad you all like them - I should have some more news/updates on them when I get back from vacation next weekend.

Ruler_Mark
05-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Just to make a quick note - I didn't use any kind of glue or threadlocker on the joint between the breech and the tube as I wanted it to be easily removable in case a tube had to be replaced. The tube is manufactured to a very good tolerance on the ID so I was able to machine all the shoulder OD's on the bodies to the same dimension (+/- about 0.0002 inch) and get a very tight fit on all of them. I figured they shouldn't really rotate at all when installed and in use, so no locating feature or glue/epoxy was needed. If you want to Loctite them, go for it - but just be sure you can remove it if need be.

Glad you all like them - I should have some more news/updates on them when I get back from vacation next weekend.

:cheers: I just cant have anything that can become loose

mpsd
05-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Updated to an e-Mag now! See first post.

zondo
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
- CF Battery Pack

Where did you get that? :wow:

All CF shown here is 100% REAL CF. So, how do you guys like it now?

:headbang:

Very Nice! :cheers:

mpsd
05-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Where did you get that? :wow:

Had it done at a local car shop. The guy used my original battery pack to make a mold and then made the part for me. Looks awesome.

Ruler_Mark
05-16-2009, 09:01 PM
tbh it contrasts because it isnt sanded to match