PDA

View Full Version : Flatline reg

AutomagRook
05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I just bought a tank with a flatline reg on it. Are these regs any good, i think AGD made them correct? Can these reg be easy to remove? they look kind of complicated.

Wanta B Sniper
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Hahaha, these are great regs, obviously because AGD made them ;) They are no more complicated than a Classic/Minimag valve. It is an adjustable reg so you can change your input pressure, adjustable regs are popular for tuning RTs. It comes out like other tank regs, just threaded into the bottle.

AutomagRook
05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
is there an easier way to take off a tank with a flatline reg? i want to go get it filled but i dont want to take the entire marker with me. i know that the metal clamp holds the flatline in place. is the easiest way just to take off the drop and take it to the shop like that?

another thing. I want to put the flatline reg on a 68/4500 tank but right now its currently on a 68/3000 tank. is this possible? i see a 3000 psi label on the flatline so im guessing it wasnt made for 4500 tanks. if this is the case i think im goign to sell it and keep my 68/4500 tank.

Wanta B Sniper
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
If my mind serves there was originally a 3k version and later a 4.5k version. 3k is your max, do not over fill.

As for detaching it, I am unsure as I do not own one.

zondo
05-14-2009, 07:16 PM
You can look at Tunamart or the AGD store and get the dovetail mount. That clip is a major PITA, but the dovetail mount should make it easier. I just got in the habit of taking the whole drop off the grip and using a QD to dis/connect from/to the valve.