PDA

View Full Version : This isn't mine, but it's hilarious.

Frizzle Fry
05-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Found this while snooping around eBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Pump-Marker-THE-SLEEPER_W0QQitemZ280345291108QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4145e1a964&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Anybody else appreciate the beauty? :p

teufelhunden
05-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Haha when I first looked at the description and then the picture I was like "oh awesome another ebay link to some guy who doesn't know anything"... and then it's really cool.

Wanta B Sniper
05-13-2009, 05:17 PM
That is awesome! I am tempted to do that with mine :) Really looks like pneumatics until you stare at it for a few minutes. Should try hiding some pneus inside a pump handle, that would be a sleeper :p

Hook
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Haha, that's brilliant!! Thanks for sharing the link :D

chafnerjr
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
That's some nice custom work... just not sure I agree with him... wouldn't you just leave it stock and shoot one at a time. If the players knew to go after the "snipers" then wouldn't they figure it out eventually. In any event it's very very cool. Nice post :cheers:

gunman_2000
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
guy named Underdog on the Phog did that a few years ago (i think it was Phog, or SCP). We called it the Underdog Mod, and I think its appropriate since I've never seen anyone do it until that point.

Great way to mess with ppl, maybe not so much on the field, but definitely in the staging area or at the chrony.

Frizzle Fry
05-14-2009, 11:43 PM
guy named Underdog on the Phog did that a few years ago (i think it was Phog, or SCP). We called it the Underdog Mod, and I think its appropriate since I've never seen anyone do it until that point.

Slightly O/T, but I found the SCP thread, and it was linked to a PBN thread, and the first post that isn't a "thumbs up" is somebody asking "Can it still shoot semi-auto?". I can honestly say that if I ever start another forum I'm gonna have a test on how 'cocker pneumatics work... If you fail, you do not gain entry :p

Watcher
05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I can honestly say that if I ever start another forum I'm gonna have a test on how 'cocker pneumatics work... If you fail, you do not gain entry :p

That is a great idea, like start a tech forum or something!

But then... if someone would be going there for tech advice... how would they get in?

Or maybe have several tests and the users would have tags and be able to access certain forums only after they passed the corresponding thread.
Like an Automag operation quiz to enter the Mag forum as a "technition".

That 'cocker is awsome, clever idea, but I can't imagine it'd be comfortable to operate.

neppo1345
05-15-2009, 03:50 PM
This is IMHO, a great idea.

Legendary marker.

Frizzle Fry
05-15-2009, 03:57 PM
That is a great idea, like start a tech forum or something!

But then... if someone would be going there for tech advice... how would they get in?

Or maybe have several tests and the users would have tags and be able to access certain forums only after they passed the corresponding thread.
Like an Automag operation quiz to enter the Mag forum as a "technition".

That 'cocker is awsome, clever idea, but I can't imagine it'd be comfortable to operate.

You know what? If you wanted to do this with me, I'd totally be down for moderating it with you.

*edit: An open "tech advice section" for any user, in which full-fledged members can post? I guess overall my idea is to promote learning in members. Like if you want to join, and you don't know the answers, you go out an learn them then come back as an educated soon-to-be member. Or offer well-made tutorials to study for membership... A tinkerers forum, with a test to weed out the dopes.