PDA

View Full Version : new xvalve

jetskipml
05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
i just got a brand new xvavle from adg. and when i aired up my mag it wouldnt fire. the rod behind the trigger pushed the trigger back, so i know air is getting to the valve, but when i pull the trigger nothing happens. i looked on the website and it said something about turing the velocity all the way up. so i did that and it shoots, but it leaks out the back of the valve. is there a break in period were i have to keep the velocity really high to shoot?

Watcher
05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Do you have any aftermarket frames?

Verify that the trigger rod is adjusted correctly.

Aired up, put the marker on safe and pull the trigger. The rod should be a mm from the back of the trigger.

Tunaman
05-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Don't turn it ALL the way up. Just turn it up until it shoots then chrono it. It will leak out the back if you turn it ALL the way up.

Gotcha3
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Also make sure that your X-valve is pushed all the way forward as you screw in the field-strip screw. Tighten the screw down with an allen wrench--I have an RT Pro ULE that is picky when it comes to the field-strip screw. The problem you are having sounded very familiar to the problem that I have had on my marker. Try that out

jetskipml
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
gotcha - that was it. thanks!!

Gotcha3
05-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Good!! I'm glad I was able to help.