PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Mods for my classic RT..

RTnube
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
New to the forums! I tried doing a search before make a new thread but supposivly "RT" is too common to search.

I've been out of the game for...probably about 5 years and really no idea whats been going on over the last 5 years in this sport!

I have a RT Classic with lvl 10 bolt, Intelle frame with the x board or whatever in the hopper, 68/45 tank and 14" 32 degrees barrel.

Whats left to get? Any way to keeep up with everyone and their electronic triggers?

Whats will that xvalve do for me and the ULE trigger?

Thanks in advance,
Trevor :headbang:

BiNumber3
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM
you wont be able to change the valve on the classic rt, but aside from weight, there's no difference from the x.
ULT lightes the trigger pull a lot, cant say how much since personally havent used it, tho i think you have to modify your valve if u want ult.
you can try goin pneumatic, which makes for an electro light trigger pull, there are a few threads on that, n many members can help ya with that too.

Frizzle Fry
05-15-2009, 03:48 PM
you can try goin pneumatic, which makes for an electro light trigger pull

A couple people I've seen have installed the LPR directly to the ports on the rail of a classic R/T. That's a cool unique mod.

RTnube
05-15-2009, 06:06 PM
thanks I'll do a search for those

RTnube
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
is this what the ULT is??

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=358&categoryID=9

Wanta B Sniper
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes it is. It's just a different on/off that lightens the trigger pull weight a lot. If you don't already have a Level 10 bolt then I'd advise getting that. Otherwise, just check the hydro on your tank if it's been stored away for 5 years and you're good to go.

RTnube
05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes it is. It's just a different on/off that lightens the trigger pull weight a lot. If you don't already have a Level 10 bolt then I'd advise getting that. Otherwise, just check the hydro on your tank if it's been stored away for 5 years and you're good to go.

thanks, I may have to look into ordering that.

I got a level 10 before I quit playin. Just had my tanks tested so I'm good to go there!

I'm going to play memorial day weekend so we'll see how it shots, went through it and lubed everything and cleaned everything so I just need to get some balls flyin.

ManInBlack
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Will a shorter on/off pin work the same in the classic RT as it does in the RT Pro for increasing reactivity?

end threadjack

BiNumber3
05-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I would think anythin that works on an rt pro will work on a classic, as far as those types of mods go

DamianTC
05-20-2009, 01:20 AM
I believe a RT Classic valve needs milled for a ULT to fit

Wanta B Sniper
05-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes, you are correct, I completely forgot about that. Your valve cannot accept the ULT as it is, it would have to be milled to fit the ULT. All steel RT valves have to be milled for the ULT. If you have an RT Classic you also cannot use any other valve such as the X-Valve. You have pretty much every possible upgrade.

If you are looking to add a lot more speed to your RT you should consider following these instructions: http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html Blow the electros outta the water! :shooting:

xero28
05-20-2009, 11:08 AM
If you are looking to add a lot more speed to your RT you should consider following these instructions: http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html Blow the electros outta the water! :shooting:

Ditto.

Whenever someone asks what they can do to keep up with the electros, I try to steer them to Zak's info. It's funny that we say "how do we make mags keeps up with electros?", when the RT Classic (and every subsequent RT'ing mag) can be shot faster out of the box than most electros, just takes a little practice.