PDA

View Full Version : so what's new?

thecavemankevin
05-16-2009, 11:15 PM
well, i've been out of the game for 5 years now??? Back then it was all about the EGO's and the DM's. So I'm thinking about getting back in and still have most of my gear including my 2k2 timmy.

I also heard that xball dropped the bps to 10.5. whats up with that?

What's AGD been up to? I've looked around and it looks like nothing's changed around here.

What else is new? Smart parts done suing everyone?

thecavemankevin
05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
so, i guess nothing has changed in the past several years in the world of paintball huh?

Drachen
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Smart Parts isn't really suing many people anymore...

Though they did come out with an awesome idea to run air through the handle of their marker, instead of going through a front reg. Pretty cool idea in my opinion.

...welcome back to the sport :)

Frizzle Fry
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Pneumagging has taken off... For the last 2 years there have been all kinds of new products, and every time people see my Automags at the field they look blankly and then say "OH! Pneumag, I saw that on the 'nation!" afterwhich I explain that they're not ALL pneumags.

Dark Side
05-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Smart Parts isn't really suing many people anymore...

Though they did come out with an awesome idea to run air through the handle of their marker, instead of going through a front reg. Pretty cool idea in my opinion.

...welcome back to the sport :)

You mean, just like the Mini?

BigEvil
05-20-2009, 07:47 AM
S.s.d.d.

;)

punkncat
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I would say that the only notable changes have been a further decline in the used resale, as well as most manufacturers getting even chinchier with their quality on new stuff.

Drachen
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
You mean, just like the Mini?

Yeah, but remember, Smart Parts invented the air through the grip. So Invert had no right to use it in the first place ;)

...I mean that with as much sarcasm as you can fit in one post...

Frizzle Fry
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah, but remember, Smart Parts invented the air through the grip. So Invert had no right to use it in the first place ;)

...I mean that with as much sarcasm as you can fit in one post...

Yea. It's not like the Badger (Australian blowforward similar to a mag) and several Tippmann markers did it in the late 80s and early 90s.

malJohann
05-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Yea. It's not like the Badger (Australian blowforward similar to a mag) and several Tippmann markers did it in the late 80s and early 90s.

..not to mention the Armson Semi...

Frizzle Fry
05-22-2009, 03:43 AM
..not to mention the Armson Semi...

Yeah. Smart Parts was created late '89 as I recall... The SL68-II was released 1989 (when were the Pro-Am and -Lite?). The The Armson Semi was released '93 and the Perentie Badger was '94(?).

I suppose there's some minor, tiny ridiculously small chance that Kevin Raymen was magically in South Africa and Australia respectively to teach those 2 companies the wonderful idea of the gasthru grip which had already been around for 5 years or so and then not mention it for decades having seal the blueprints in a time capsule which was digitally programmed to open up and contact the current owners of the company when a quality marker hit the market with a similar design so that Smart Parts could make it clear that they invented the design a year after it was invented and make themselves filthy rich off of products that they had absolutely nothing to do with outside holding a shaky patent on ANOTHER idea that the aforementioned "quality marker producer" was forced to pay royalties for.

So yeah, that big run-on sentence might have happened.

malJohann
05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
..and make themselves filthy rich off of products that they had absolutely nothing to do with...

Its all about business ethics which would likely translate into personal ethics too, which doesn't put the Gartner brothers in any good light (if they've ever been) and quite the contrary to Tom Kaye, since he helped with the development of the Armson Semi yet never stole their ideas to incorporate into the Automag.