PDA

View Full Version : Custom Impulse comparisons...

InfinatyBPS
01-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know of any impulses under $800, if so, name them and tell me what they come with, where to get them and what experiences you have had with them. I would perfer for $800 it better have vision. I am currently trying to decide to get a Micro RT or a nice Impy. So I need some info on what Impy to buy. The best deal I have found were the TKO impys on PBGear.com pretty nice wiht the stuff they come with.

PsychoMag
01-31-2002, 11:21 AM
Demonics are a bit higher than 800, but they are by far the sweetest imp ever produced. they weigh next to nothing without a tank and are fast as hell. they can operate normally at 80 psi and can actually cycle at 40 psi...simply amazing

look at the specs on roughneckpaintball.com under demonic line

Mega Man
01-31-2002, 12:19 PM
what I plan on getting is the Impulse package I saw on bbtpaintball.com, sweet deal for around 850 I think.

i-luv-my-rt
01-31-2002, 03:19 PM
Demonics arent that great there buddy. My captian is moderator of the impulse forum on PBnation. We have tested many impulses. So far there are no great aftermarket impulses. Most of the prices are for color or milling.

This is what you should do. Buy a regular impulse and put your own money into it. Impulse's are kinda like cockers these days. Alot of aftermarket parts..some good..some bad.
Get these:
Normal impy(400)
Vodoo delrin bolt(40)
VFF solenoid optimzer(45)
twister feed neck(45)
and a trigger the fits your style(15-35)

This is the cheap way out and you will have a sweet impulse. Or you could start saving up for the adrenaline impulse. I'll keep you guys in suspense!!!

InfinatyBPS
01-31-2002, 07:11 PM
I would rather have something a little more custom than that hehehehe. Ummm... I would realy appriciate some more info, I am hearing about RAT impys, Demonic imps, Freak Factory, Adrenalin imps, but nobody will give me any info on these, and where can u get these?

[NA]WARLORD
01-31-2002, 08:10 PM
Best thing to do is wait a couple days, go to PBNation.com, and ask question to FOM, he is the GURU of Impy's. Site is down right now due to a server change, but should be up by Sat.Also i-luv-my-rt is right, after owning a Impy with the Vision Eye, i wish I would have saved my money and bought one without it. It will still break paint.

magdude25
02-01-2002, 01:42 PM
nuf' said ;)

magdude25
02-01-2002, 01:43 PM
That eclipse impy is 825 @ modifiedpaintball.com , just tellin you where to pick it up b/c u said noone else is ;)

personman
02-01-2002, 02:01 PM
*drool* That Impy looks so cool! Go eclipse!! YEA! (I like their other markers too.)

FeelTheRT
02-01-2002, 02:07 PM
InfinatyBPS...InfinatyBPS...InfinatyBPS....sigh...

i thought i had u convinced. Just go all the way and get an Angel. You get what you pay for. Angels are one of hte most reliable guns ever. If you want to pay 800 bux for a big ol' Imp with a board that will fry on you any day, go ahead and waste ur money, but my opinion still stands.

IMO, it's really not worth it getting an Impulse that's $600(no ACE) and up. For that price you can get a much more reliable and high end gun. Angels, Excalibers, Emags, Matrices; those are all great choices.

wyn1370
02-01-2002, 02:29 PM
try out an intimidator. I love mine

lazyrider77
02-01-2002, 03:02 PM
you can check out the Freak Factory impys at http://www.freak-factory.com You can pretty much select the upgrades you want. but, for 800 bux you could jsut get a shocker and not worry about breaking balls ever.

InfinatyBPS
02-01-2002, 08:09 PM
I am having a realy hard time figuring what gun I want to get next... my brain keeps telling me to get something different everyday. I am considering these...
Custom Impy, Orange Fade Timmy, Used LCD Angel, Matrix, Micro E, hmmm... I dont know what to choose lol, Poor, poor confused me... :(

IceCool32
02-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Eclipse Impys=staright looks.
Adrenaline= Un-released, hard to say.
Demonic= Looks and Performance.
RAT= Nice looks, great performance.
Stock=no looks, same performace with $70 of upgrades.
TKO=Looks.
Freak Factory=Looks and Performace(most custom).

Get a Matrix man!*sarcasm* I have an Impulse, it's a great marker, The Matrix costs $300 more for more quietness and a bit higher opperating pressure, taller profile, slimmer, lighter. I say go with Stock impulse, with vert Max flow reg, and Delrin bolt, VFF mod, and possibly a new trigger. You'll get speed and performace for under $600.

InfinatyBPS
02-01-2002, 11:53 PM
good suggestion but ummm... I cant stand the way it looks stock... I supose i could get it milled and anoed later if i wanted to... but i dunno...

DaXtremeist
02-02-2002, 08:07 AM
hey man check out the rat. its a bad *** impy well worth the money. but all im doing is upgrading a stock impy and then sending it to redrider when he starts back into powder coating. the new imps triggers are fully adjustable. i got mine down to the sensitivity of an angel trigger with a couple mods. then i put the tapeworm in (improved it alot) next are going to be delrin bolt, titanium pull pin to reduce recoil to almost nothing. then a low rise feed tube and a freak set.

check out http://www.e-paintballoutlet.com/ for a ton of upgrades and also they make the rat.

i-luv-my-rt
02-02-2002, 08:24 AM
If all you want is looks than go with a RATpulse. Very great guns, with the best performance. I've tested one and I have no complaints.

FeeltheRT- I have never in my life heard of an impulse board frying. My captian has 2 angels and one impulse. He's fried 3 angel boards and 0 impulse boards. If i had to pick between and angel or a sweet impulse i would pick the impulse. Custom imp's you get the looks and way better performance than a Angel.

www.e-paintballoutlet.com has every impulse part made go there and check.

Tunaman
02-02-2002, 08:32 AM
For 800 bucks, I would by an Emag and not even think twice about it. I have owned them all and the Emag is by far the best deal.:D

Maghappy
02-02-2002, 09:45 AM
maybe this will change your mind....... this is my new grey rat #3. its amazing. i was inbetween this and an emag. ill tell u this...... im hella glad i took this :) lifetime waranty, freak barrel, blade trigger, delrin bolt, blade trigger, VFF, drop forward, etc.... all for 700 without vision. wwww.e-paintballoutlet.com only has a few left from the next shipment. id go rat by far. best looking. best performance. best deal. check out pics

Maghappy
02-02-2002, 09:45 AM
more pics

Maghappy
02-02-2002, 09:49 AM
more sexxy pics

Maghappy
02-02-2002, 09:49 AM
pics again :) last one

magdude25
02-02-2002, 06:13 PM
hey i posted the pic of the ecplipse impy , and as i was going through my closet i ame across my old BE raptor extreme and noticed that the Ecplipse impy and the raptor rxtreme have the SAME grips...pathetic

Cha0tic
02-02-2002, 07:20 PM
some of you posted some high end markers to choose from. how about the excaliber? people don't like them b/c they aren't milled in fancy designs and have cool colors. AKALMP has some of the best service and quality around.

paintbattler
02-02-2002, 07:30 PM
32 degrees impy is like 700 or so...

a person
02-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Emag, Emag, EMAG!!!! Look up on Ebay or Classifieds or any paintball place and you can find one for like under or just at $800 with nitro, sweet trigger in either of the modes, if a board fries? BAM! Manual with a RT(so sweet).Win win situation. Emag, the only choice for an electro, but much more.Second choice, I would have to say would be a Viking by AKALMP when they come out, body of an excal, just not a closed bolt since it has only one solenoid and get this I think they will be...$600!!!!For more info go to the AKALMP forums on pbnation when they get back up. I wish I had $800:(

*side note, if you saw a Viking which was a spyder rip off with a electro frame, well from what I know they threw that out of the works and decided to take a Excalibur, take a solenoid out, making it an open bolt electro, thus reducing the cost on the gun itself. AKALMP has great service and it will come with a life time warranty, I just browsed thew the AKALMP forum on pbnation before the server down and from what I saw I was very impressed and suprised.

*once again another thing, InfinatyBPS hope you find what you are looking for.

Ov3rmind
02-02-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm voting for the Viking, from what I can tell, it's going to be awesome.