PDA

View Full Version : Any good mag detents out there?

SSP REAPER
05-19-2009, 09:51 AM
OK, I am sick of shooting out my AGD brand detents and am looking for something a little heartier than stock. I know everyone says Kila detents but those suck too. I had one in for an hour and it literally fell out (not in too tight or anything, I am not a meat stick). I guess I am just looking for someone to point me in the direction of THE ULE body detent to have.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~REAPER~

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Im looking to replace mine also. I was looking at some CP ones, I will keep an eye on this thread to see what everyone else says... :ninja:

BigEvil
05-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Not sure what's up with your AGD ones. I have AGD detents that last for years. Maybe you have them in a little too far?

Yeah, the Kila's suck with mags. Dont use them. I brake them at an alarming rate.

Ruler_Mark
05-19-2009, 10:26 AM
CP == SUCK. blew out my cocker ones in 1 game.

I currently am using stock angel ones on a good oring so ther sit a good distance away so they would get fubard bythebolt.

hobbesTZ
05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm a fan of the PTP detent, wish more guns were like that.

MANN
05-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I have always had good results with killa detents. Thats what all of my e/x/mech mags used. The only downside to them is you need to get different orings to make sure they dont screw in too far.

Spider-TW
05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
I have always had good results with killa detents. Thats what all of my e/x/mech mags used. The only downside to them is you need to get different orings to make sure they dont screw in too far.
Yeah, I think the Killas suffer more when they are screwed in deeper (not necessarily too far). On Killas, I try to increase the tension and back them out as much as possible, instead of screwing them in with lighter tension (magnets).

I also keep the tension setting on my B2 set to "light". My old Halo can be way too mean with small paint in a ULE.

BenoitOWN
05-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Cp is not good, dry fire a e-mag and one popped right out! Never got a reply from an e-mail to cp also.

I wanted kila detent, what the o-ring size needed?

SSP REAPER
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Not sure what's up with your AGD ones. I have AGD detents that last for years. Maybe you have them in a little too far?

Yeah, the Kila's suck with mags. Dont use them. I brake them at an alarming rate.

I really didn't think they were in too far. I put the fattest o-ring on them and just barely tightened them up against the ring. I am seeing what happens in this thread so I can get them replaced before the epic TUNABALL 3 :cheers:

SithSteve
05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
RPG ones are pretty good... and rebuildable like Kila, but use a spring instead of a magnet.

going_home
05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I've been using System X ball bearing detents with sucess. And they can be anodized.

Tunaman
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
There is no reason for any of these detents to be blowing out. You have them in too far. All work fine as fas as I am conderned.

SSP REAPER
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
that may be the case, but even with a thicker o-ring and them only screwed into the second thread... they blow out. I am just going to buy a 10 pack of AGD detents and replace them as needed! Thanks for the insight guys :cheers:

going_home
05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Frequently MCB member sugarstump sell the System X detents on Ebay but he doesnt have
anything on there right now. Heres his profile if you want to contact him :

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/members/sugarstump.html

I have them on my mag, had them anodized with the marker :

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/Stuff%20to%20keep/DSC_0002.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/Stuff%20to%20keep/DSC_0007.jpg

;)