PDA

View Full Version : ULT not resetting fast enough

ezcreation
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Set-up:
Emax valve with ULT
Tank output: 750psi
Airwalk trigger frame

I can shoot single shots but if I try to push it little faster it sounds like the ULT is not resetting: give it one second, weird schtonck noise then ready to shoot again. I was originally aiming to RT but with 750 output it s hard.

ULT has 5 shims
L10 has carrier 1 smallest spring 2 shims

Any input?

pbjunky99
05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
you realy need more output pressure. I have my ULT setup via stock settings and have a output of 1000psi and it does real well.

DamianTC
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
750 is fine for normal operation, even with 1000 he isn't going to RT with a ULT. Was that weird noise you said more of a whistling sound? I had that same problem with my setup. It would shoot fine when firing slow, but when I was shooting fast, it would take the bolt about a second ro two to reset. Tuna had to help me tune it right.

I personally think the ULT is alot more sensitive to how the Level 10 is tuned fot it firing correctly. You say you have carrier 1? Are you meaning the biggest or smallest?

If you have a RT on/off. I would first tune your Level 10 with the RT on/off in your valve. If you meant carrier 1 as the smallest, your probably going to need to put a larger size in.

Before you even try that, if this is a brand new level 10 carrier o-ring, it needs broken in. Try your RT on/off, more likely than not the mag will shoot better with less tuning with the RT on/off. Break in your o-ring with the RT on/off in the mag (1000-1500 shots) then tune the level 10 for best performance.. meaning biggest o-ring and least amount of shims with the mag firing perfectly with no leaks. Once you have that setup, throw in your ULT and start tuning that

moed59
05-20-2009, 02:32 AM
i had a problem like that and my prob was the spring that returns the bolt was to long is was pushing my valve back

ezcreation
05-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks guys. At this point I am not looking to RT but just to shoot nicely.

If I go over 8 bps on the trigger, the trigger rod (from the sear) stays back and then slowly gets pushed back into position. The noise is basically the ULT resetting.

No leak at the front, the L10 is tuned and the valve shooting very nicely on shot by shot.

Now should I put a stronger spring so the bolt goes back faster? Meaning the ULT is not resetting because the bolt is not resetting properly?

Wanta B Sniper
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
What reg are you running on your tank? I'm thinking that your tank reg doesn't have a fast enough recharge rate.

ezcreation
05-20-2009, 10:38 AM
What reg are you running on your tank? I'm thinking that your tank reg doesn't have a fast enough recharge rate.

WEll I have a nitroduck at 800psi piston which should follow. That said it s brand new so it could also be...

Spider-TW
05-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Got lots of lube? I had a very tight ULT top oring that would not let the pin reset. I replaced it with a buna oring since I didn't have a good urethane available. That got it up to speed, but I didn't leave that setup together long enough to see if it would really last.

ezcreation
05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
ROman just suggested that:
- I add a shim to the L10
- I add a shim to the ULT

Not sure I have much room left in the ULT but will try the L10

ezcreation
05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
FYI: adding shims and oil did help a lot but no RT. I figured out it was the trigger frame (airwalk) which was the problem as we a chimera it is shooting nice and easy.

Spider-TW
05-21-2009, 10:08 AM
FYI: adding shims and oil did help a lot but no RT. I figured out it was the trigger frame (airwalk) which was the problem as we a chimera it is shooting nice and easy.
That's odd. Is the airwalk trigger a little sticky at the pin? Do you have your rail bushing in?

ezcreation
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Really weird...I tried 2 triggers (viperblade pro and splinter) and had the same results.
Rail bushing and all in.

Spider-TW
05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Trigger rod binding where it rides on the frame? :confused:

Some frames are a little thinner at the front frame screw, causing problems with the front screw and the body alignment...you might look there too.

ezcreation
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Well I added a shim to the ULT (maximum allowed or does not fit) and put a chimera on and now I am RTing like a maniac :)

I guess no luck with the airwalk on my side

BlackVCG
05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Often the problem with what you are experiencing is related to the amount of torque on the field strip screw that holds in the valve.

If it's too tight it will change the alignment of the bolt and the body and cause the bolt to drag, thus resulting in slower reset. Try using it with the field strip screw finger tight and if that doesn't work slowly tighten it with a wrench while shooting it and see if that helps.