PDA

View Full Version : Tippmann TPX Pistol = ????????

insixdays777
05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3102061

Wow...not sure what to think about those internals...looks all to similar to me...wonder if you could get a lvl X to work in it... :tard:

No really, its a freaking AGD AIR valve with the On/off and the Reg repositioned....

Frizzle Fry
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242589

Kinda late, but yeah, I wonder :p

Watcher
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, Tiberious was the first to use a similar style spool-valve in the Tac-8...

I wonder how that 12gram thing works. They claim it peirces the co2 on the first shot.

Wanta B Sniper
05-21-2009, 02:41 PM
That little white piece 'afore the trigger works as an on/off & pierce pin as far as I can tell. The trigger pushes it in when you pull. Pressure would like reset it when you release. First shot pierces it, then when you fire again the pierce pin seals the chamber allowing the bolt to return (you all know how it works ;) ) and when the trigger returns forward the on/off pushes back and allows the chamber to refill.... Pretty much same as a Mag.

Engus
05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
That little white piece 'afore the trigger works as an on/off & pierce pin as far as I can tell. The trigger pushes it in when you pull. Pressure would like reset it when you release. First shot pierces it, then when you fire again the pierce pin seals the chamber allowing the bolt to return (you all know how it works ;) ) and when the trigger returns forward the on/off pushes back and allows the chamber to refill.... Pretty much same as a Mag.

actually I think the white peice in front of the trigger is purely for 12g peircing. theres something that attaches to the top of the trigger that actuates the "on/off"(that is on the underside of the valve, kinda behind the reg) linearly.

Dirge
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Kind of a sear-less blow forward Mag type thing. I would love to see an animation of this thing working. Seems to have an odd potential.....

GoatBoy
05-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Looking at the online reviews, I already see two design mistakes that they made.

In any case, I'm still going to pick one up.

Can anyone recommend a good online retailer to pick one up

tasker89
06-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Kind of a sear-less blow forward Mag type thing. I would love to see an animation of this thing working. Seems to have an odd potential.....

It is, in fact, very close to a sear-less Mag. I have some familiarity with the development of the drivetrain being used by the TPX. I can tell you this much...it is being packaged and sold in a form that is WELL beneath its potential.

cockerpunk
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
It is, in fact, very close to a sear-less Mag. I have some familiarity with the development of the drivetrain being used by the TPX. I can tell you this much...it is being packaged and sold in a form that is WELL beneath its potential.

im happy to hear that.

next they need to make a full sized gun.

tasker89
06-07-2009, 06:41 PM
im happy to hear that.

next they need to make a full sized gun.

In the works from what the little birdies tell me. However...it still probably won't be put together in a package worthy of the performance it can generate unless Tippmann plans to price themselves out of their usual market segment.

Drix
06-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Having used one of the prototypes extensively I can shed a bit more light on this. The TPX does pierce the round on the first shot, it's pretty sweet, yes that "white thing" does it. We tried throwing a L10 bolt in ours, it diddn't work out so well, the pistol does not quite have the same rod inside that the automag has, the sizings were just off, it wouldn't fit over the sleve.

If anyone cares the Pistol only works with reballs, not mighty balls or those other ones, the reason being is that reballs have less compression and do not get squashed in the clip. Paintballs work fine. The gun is rugged and reliable (except the barrel) we abused the bajeezus out of ours (Throwing it, dropping it from 3 stories onto concrete loaded, whipping the clips at the ground, dives on concrete, drops, I ran it over with my car) not only did the gun preform flawlessly every time but it bearly showed any scratching or significant marring. The stock barrel did however chip, which was weird cuz it's aluminum, but tippman said it's not shipping with that barrel, there will be a hammerhead for it (not sure if it ships with that) and the x7 barrels will fit on it. Don't toss the clips to eachother, you'll break the paint if it hits the ground, and it ships with a rubber squeegee, the cloth ones don't work at all with it.

For design flaws it's got quite a few, we mentioned them to tippman. The windows suck, you can bearly see the balls if they're loaded, and theres no window for the 12g cartridge. We had an issue where the gun oil caused the bolt to seal to the rubber bumper to the rear valve preventing it from firing, so you want to use grease to lube it and not get any on the bumper. The safety plug leaves some to be desired, alot of fields will only let you use barrel socks not plugs, so be prepared for problems. The barrel plug can also shoot off and can have some meanness to it if you're abusing the safety systems. (Like cutting the string off)

The machine quality of our prototype was meh, Tippman assured us after stating they got many such complaints that the metal would be a higher quality and the machining better for the final run.

It was way comfy, better than the Tiberius and sheridan, DO NOT disassemble the clips, the manual says you can for cleaning- just dont. It took us 3 hours to get one back together. You're gonna get roughly 20 shots per cartridge with rapid succession. After that you face dropoff unless you give it a few seconds, the air pressure will build back up for one or two more sputters of life.

Final thoughts:
TPX was a great pistol, not sure what you'd use it for (I'm not a scenario gamer) but if I had to choose between the Tiberius, Tippman, or a Sheridan I'd take the TPX hands down. It's well worth the money, and simple to maintain- Just don't open the freaking clip.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

frans42000
06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
OK, im having trouble figureing out how the bolt get released to fire the shot.

You pull the trigger and open a valve(the white thing).

Does the dump chamber sit at zero pressure untill you pull the trigger?

Even if that is true, how does the dump chamber get up to the correct pressure to get a metered shot? I do not see any resistance for the bolt other than the return spring.

tribalman
06-29-2009, 01:55 AM
OK, im having trouble figureing out how the bolt get released to fire the shot.

You pull the trigger and open a valve(the white thing).

Does the dump chamber sit at zero pressure untill you pull the trigger?

Even if that is true, how does the dump chamber get up to the correct pressure to get a metered shot? I do not see any resistance for the bolt other than the return spring.

it's really cool the pull the trigger to pierce the 12-gram. recently for fun i used the TPX and the Tiberus one and was dual wielding. i liked the weight of the Tiberus more, but the TPX was overall way nicer. i also like the fact that you don't dispel gas when changing clips.

BenoitOWN
06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
In the works from what the little birdies tell me. However...it still probably won't be put together in a package worthy of the performance it can generate unless Tippmann plans to price themselves out of their usual market segment.

They shoud go out from what I got told back in august 2008, Gotta talk to buy pbl when that thing will come out if they remember me haha.

GoatBoy
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I read some of the more detailed reviews and promptly canceled my pre-order. At the rate that the orders are being fulfilled, I wouldn't have gotten one until like, what, September or October or something anyways.

For Tippmann to release this low a quality product at this price is... contemptuous.