PDA

View Full Version : Emag wont fire in electro...

Jtm_16
05-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I just got an emag off here, It fires awesome in mech mode but will not fire at all in Electronic mode,
I removed yellow pin... board flashes on and I can cycle trough settings
moved selector to E....nothing
Trigger doesnt really move at all, mag does nothing
Switch back to M fires like a dream.

What do I do!!! :cry: Thanks for any help.

MntlHazrd
05-23-2009, 03:50 PM
check your hall effect sensor to see if it is bieng triggered. If it isnt it will need to be adjusted. In addition if it has an ace setting you need to make sure the ace is turned off

maniacmechanic
05-23-2009, 04:12 PM
1st thing i'd do is talk to the seller , mabey thats why it was so cheep ;)

Tunaman
05-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Let me know if you can't get it working. I'll fix it. ;)

Jtm_16
05-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Seller said it worked great when it was shipped... :rolleyes:
I don't know how a plane ride would effect it but either way...

I know VERY little about these what is ACE and how do I turn it off?

How do I know if the HAL sensor is working??

Thanks for everyone's help.

Madmarx
05-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Is the trigger magnet in backwards?
Back off the set screws (there's one inside too) for the trigger and see if it'll work at all.

MntlHazrd
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
ACE stands for Anti Chop Eye. it was a common feature for Xmags but since emags use the same software they have the ACE setting although they dont have the ACE board. Cycle through your menu settings till you find the one for ACE and make certain it is off. Easy to check for your hall effect sensor is as been said already is to slowly back out the trigger magnet and pull the trigger after each quarter turn till the solenoid engages.

maniacmechanic
05-23-2009, 11:08 PM
How do I know if the HAL sensor is working??

After you turn it on , it should give you a shot counter on one of the modes , look at it , pull the trigger a few times , then see if the trigger pulls registered on the counter

It probley is trigger adjustments , there is a travel adjustment under the rail in the frame , it is part of the M & E mode switch , if there is not enough travel it will not trigger the HAL sensor , you can also check to see if it is working while adjusting it by using the above method , the trigger magnet is also used to adjust when the HAL sensor trips

Jtm_16
05-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all the advice I will try adj the trigger, it doesn't move at all in Electric mode, I think the selector might be broken, or installed wrong. We will see....