PDA

View Full Version : Recoil - Heh, this is new.

Toll
05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Got my parts and started up for the first time in a few months really playing at I noticed something : My barrel was vibrating right out of the reciever. The kick was alot different than it was perviously, to the point where I was rattling strings and then my barrel fell out (heh)

Is this a byproduct of having a l7 on 15bps ramp, barrel issue (tried with my j&j, less wiggle, initially used a stiffi) or maybe I have set something incorrectly?

skyless
05-23-2009, 06:22 PM
IS it twist lock, or threaded?

Wanta B Sniper
05-23-2009, 06:38 PM
If it's twistlock, are you remembering to TWIST it? :rolleyes:

Toll
05-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Negative. I didnt include enough information.

Cocker threaded ULE body EP mag with an Emag valve, Stiffi switch kit (with o ring to seat it) and then a CP and then ultimately the J&J.

Wanta B Sniper
05-23-2009, 06:59 PM
And it unscrewed while you were shooting? Happens with one of my friend's A5s occasionally, the whole thread block shoots out.

Come to think of it, the barrel on my last Cocker used to unscrew while I was shooting it as well. Make sure you get them on tight I guess.

hostiletek
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Take an old bottle o-ring and press it over the breach end of the barrel all the way over the threads till it meets the body of the barrel. Thread it on the gun till its nice and snug, that sucker will never shake loose :D

Spider-TW
05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Make sure your bolt spring is good. A short one will let the bolt slam forward too hard.