PDA

View Full Version : Autocockers for sale at Canadian Tire?

Ebbed
05-23-2009, 06:41 PM
So I was at Canadian Tire today purchasing Teflon tape, and Muskol in anticipation of the arrival of my new marker, when just for kicks I went to go laugh at the markers they had for sale. I saw a WGP Autococker with a flat black finish on it for: 139.99 CAD. What’s that all about? I thought cockers were like Mags, in an almost elite category, for serious players. Or have they diluted their reputation and created a low cost version of their tourney guns? I know nothing about auto cockers but was very surprised to see it beside the 98 custom and purple spyder.

Wanta B Sniper
05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Nope, in '06 WPG sold to.... Who ever own's JT and those companies, 'Cockers are just another POS marker like Spyders now. Unless it's Pre-2006, those are better guns that I will admit to owning.

Frizzle Fry
05-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Mighta been a Trinity. I don't consider them a "true" autococker as it works with modified Sheridan internals, has a built-in block, and is all-around different. There hasn't been a "traditional" WGP autocker for cheap in the last couple years. The SR (pricey) and the Trilogy (cheapo) are two newish "almostcockers" and you can still get Karnivors and Jeff Or signature autocockers for $500+

Also, pro teams haven't used cockers regularly for a while.

Wanta B Sniper
05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Trillogy, I believe you mean.

Ebbed
05-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for explaining guys makes more sense, i kinda assumed that was the case, 100 Canadian is not a lot for a marker, not even a middle of the road one.

mt84
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
They make great conversion to pumps....

;)