PDA

View Full Version : Grip Frame Screw

Chrome
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
On both the mags I've got, the screw that holds the grip frame on (not the field strip screw) is long enough that when tightened down causes the twist lock on the barrel not to function, as in the screw is long enough that the end rests in the track for the twist lock on the barrel and it can't be removed without loosening or removing the screw.

Could someone tell me what size screw is supposed to be in there, or is there something I'm doing wrong or missing that is causing this to happen? Markers work fine otherwise.

Thanks!

Xceolite
05-26-2009, 11:59 AM
On both the mags I've got, the screw that holds the grip frame on (not the field strip screw) is long enough that when tightened down causes the twist lock on the barrel not to function, as in the screw is long enough that the end rests in the track for the twist lock on the barrel and it can't be removed without loosening or removing the screw.

Could someone tell me what size screw is supposed to be in there, or is there something I'm doing wrong or missing that is causing this to happen? Markers work fine otherwise.

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the exact length.

What you could do...put a nut on the bolt. cut off the length to make it the right length with a dremel or hacksaw. round the tip of the bolt slightly. loosen the nut to groove the threads. when you loosen the nut, go forward and backwards to make sure the threads are smooth.

I've been doing this on some custom projects as I have a lot of 1 1/2 bolts on hand.

Xceolite
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Sorry, it is probably easier to add washer(s) untill you get the right length.

Chrome
05-26-2009, 07:35 PM
I tried the washer thing, but that's A LOT of washers. . . and I figured if all else failed, have dremel, will travel. :D

Thanks for the help, though. :)