PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades for Classic

majones24
05-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I have a classic mag with a phase II valve on the back. Are there any valve upgrades I can get to help with air efficiency and be able to use CO2. I would like to get something that drops right in with out any modifications needed. And what kind of paint do you recommend. I shot some JT paint and I couldn't get a straight shot. I am using a 14 Dye 2 piece barrel. I believe it is a boomstick.

BiNumber3
05-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Not sure about the phase II, but classic valves were designed to work with co2, although u will want an expansion chamber or something to keep the liquid out of the valve.
As far as I know, there are no mods or upgrades that'll let u lower gas usage. Completely stock lvl7 classic valve is prolly as gas efficient as a mag will get.

majones24
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Not sure about the phase II, but classic valves were designed to work with co2, although u will want an expansion chamber or something to keep the liquid out of the valve.
As far as I know, there are no mods or upgrades that'll let u lower gas usage.

What about different valves. Will the X-valve drop in with out any modifications. Do they have better gas efficiency.

Sumthinwicked
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
the x is not for co2! i think the rt can use co2 but compressed was invented by tom for the valve i would never use co2 in an rt mag cause itll freeze up

BiNumber3
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Yea, x/e/rt/retro valves are all the same functionally, n none of em are meant to be used on co2. But they are all drop ins if u wanna upgrade, if you do tho, you'll wanna upgrade to compressed air.
Have no idea if there's any difference in efficiency tho. Would like to see if a classic valve with an RT on/off is more or less efficient (if there is even any difference).

extracreative
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
As for valve options the ANS phase II is the only one I know of. You can also upgrade the bolt with something like a Venturi. Not sure how that will affect your cO2 usage though.

secretweaponevan
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
As for valve options the ANS phase II is the only one I know of. You can also upgrade the bolt with something like a Venturi. Not sure how that will affect your cO2 usage though.

Technically, neither of those are upgrades. AGD quality is the highest performance you will get.

Wanta B Sniper
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Yea, x/e/rt/retro valves are all the same functionally, n none of em are meant to be used on co2. But they are all drop ins if u wanna upgrade, if you do tho, you'll wanna upgrade to compressed air.

What he said, no CO2 in any variation of RT valve which includes Classic RT, ReTro, RT Pro, X-Valve, E-Mag, any other high performance valve like that.

I don't think that there would be much difference in efficiency between an RT and a Classic valve. But the Level 10, you may possibly notice a difference with that.

pump
05-28-2009, 05:05 AM
hey so for better Liquid performance why cant we just find what ever material is in high performing CO2 regs that would fit on the piston, reg seat, on off orings and power tube?

i dont think the teflon durometer is needed since the RT on off orings work ok in mags

i think the black magic seals were a nylon derivative that would work well for the reg seat, and maybe for the on off pin to substitute the teflon ones