PDA

View Full Version : Need some input on ULT oring behavior

Madcat_MK2
05-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello,

I'm sure some of you might remember my troubles with my ULT, but for new people, I have a 1 year old ULE Custom with lvl 10 and obviously ULT installed. My troubles happened about 1 month ago as I for some reason forgot that i had to pull the trigger to get the valve out, so I spent a few mins tugging/twisting the hell out of the valve and ended up taking it apart and then it hit me on what an idiot i was. Well after that it started rapid firing any time I pulled/held trigger.

Some of you helped me out and told me that it was probably the small white oring at the top causing the prob, so I replaced that and it worked fine. Well I ended up burning through three more of the orings in the span of 2 games, so I said the hell with it and bought a new ULT kit that I got yesterday in thinking I might have just barely bent the pin.

I oiled up the new one very lightly, set 5 shims and popped it in and immediately it started to rapid fire just like the old one. I take it out again and notice that the small white oring hugs the pin well, but when I push on the pin, the oring slides out of the ULT. I grab the other oring in the bag, oil it lightly and put it in and notice that it hugs the pin, but does not slide on the sides either. I put in back in the valve, gas it up and it works fine now, even after oiling like usual and dry firing about 60 times.

My question for you guys is, do your ULT behave the same where it rapid fires if the pin isnt snug and grabbing the side of the ULT too? I find it hard to believe that the first oring off the bat it no good, so I'm wondering if i did more then just damage the ULT even though the hole it sits in is not marred in any way and looks good. I've also tried my GF ULT before I got my new one and it rapid fired in mine, but hers worked perfectly with it and still does. All very confusing so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tunaman
05-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Hello,

I'm sure some of you might remember my troubles with my ULT, but for new people, I have a 1 year old ULE Custom with lvl 10 and obviously ULT installed. My troubles happened about 1 month ago as I for some reason forgot that i had to pull the trigger to get the valve out, so I spent a few mins tugging/twisting the hell out of the valve and ended up taking it apart and then it hit me on what an idiot i was. Well after that it started rapid firing any time I pulled/held trigger.

Some of you helped me out and told me that it was probably the small white oring at the top causing the prob, so I replaced that and it worked fine. Well I ended up burning through three more of the orings in the span of 2 games, so I said the hell with it and bought a new ULT kit that I got yesterday in thinking I might have just barely bent the pin.

I oiled up the new one very lightly, set 5 shims and popped it in and immediately it started to rapid fire just like the old one. I take it out again and notice that the small white oring hugs the pin well, but when I push on the pin, the oring slides out of the ULT. I grab the other oring in the bag, oil it lightly and put it in and notice that it hugs the pin, but does not slide on the sides either. I put in back in the valve, gas it up and it works fine now, even after oiling like usual and dry firing about 60 times.

My question for you guys is, do your ULT behave the same where it rapid fires if the pin isnt snug and grabbing the side of the ULT too? I find it hard to believe that the first oring off the bat it no good, so I'm wondering if i did more then just damage the ULT even though the hole it sits in is not marred in any way and looks good. I've also tried my GF ULT before I got my new one and it rapid fired in mine, but hers worked perfectly with it and still does. All very confusing so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!You have to make sure that little oring is all the way into the ULT Top and and the pin protrudes through it. 5 shims is way too many to start with , Take 3 out. Let us know. Oh. The pin is VERY easily bent so try not to do that.

Wanta B Sniper
05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I think that the reason you're rapid firing is because you have too many shims in, do what Tunaman said and put in 3, should stop the rapid firing. How many shims does your GF's ULT have in it?

Madcat_MK2
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
She has 5 as well. I tried it just now moving down to 3, 4 then 6 just for the hell of it and it worked fine for all three. I put it back to 5 as thats what I had originally and don't like the feel of 6 shims. It seems to work fine on the 5, but I'm just concerned about the oring as like I said, the old ULT burned through 3 orings, maybe it was bent a little and that was the reason, but the new one needing a immediate replacement seems weird to me and wasn't sure if everyone elses ULT was this picky with the little oring needing to be snug on the pin and sit tight in the ULT itself.