PDA

View Full Version : New On/off

DocRocker
05-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey everyone,

Need some advice on a good on/off. My old Shochtech is starting to give me fits. Haven't played in so long, I dont know whats really good.

Thanks

deathbypaint1213
05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
I have heard some good things about the Bob Long gear drive asa, but they are pretty expensive. I have also heard some good things about Custom Products on/offs. There is this really cool on/off by Dangerous Power called the RAPS. They are a little quirky, however. You really cannot go wrong with most of the on/offs out there, it is just personal preference.

dark blade
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
my personal preference is the on/off from my inline maxflo :D but thats just because its on my maxflo haha

any on/off is going to work the same. The build quality of an on/off is usually representative of the quality of all the other things the company makes... meaning stay away from companies such as hybrid, smart parts (unless on a maxflo haha), 32 degrees... you catch the idea.

If its a good company for other parts, its a good company for an asa

govnamac
05-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I've used cp for years with no complaints. The direct mount on/off asa is very nice.

Ir0nExpress
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Dangerous power RAPS asa. Its a lever on/off and two o rings seal the inside and it's completely rebuildable if you somehow break it, since the front level is held by a screw. Best asa I've used for years. It's been on about 6 different workhorse guns and I've never had a problem with it.

Nick28
05-31-2009, 05:36 PM
I bet they all work good but I love my Bob Long. 1/4 turn with bleed, never failed me.

gunman_2000
05-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I have a CCM on/off asa and rail on my Sniper and my mag, decent price w/ a bleed, pretty easy to turn on and off. So they are another choice for ya.

Frizzle Fry
05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I can't say enough about CP on/off assemblies; I use them on 90% of my markers.

Here's why you should own one:

-CHEAP! Can be had for $30-$50 depending on where you buy.

-Bleeder system... Cuts off gas to the marker and bleeds what air is left out the bottom. Instantly, no excess waste of gas.

-Double tapped so it's great for pneumag setups, standard mags, any marker.

-One full turn to engage/disengage.

-Bolt on or Dovetail mount available.

-Available in dust or gloss: Green, Red, Blue, Purple, Silver, Black, and more.

Other than the CP, I use the "Function" pushbotton on/off. It doesn't bleed, and it's only available in dust black, but the gas input is in the front and it's easy to use (and well made). It's also available in bolt on or dovetail. It's like having a pushbutton safety on your ASA... Much more effective than a non-bleeding "twist" ASA in my opinion.

minimag03
05-31-2009, 07:37 PM
CP is the best on the market. You will not regret getting one.

DocRocker
06-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone.

I didnt know which companies were reputable anymore. The list of "not so good products" helps. So many companies now compared to 10yrs ago

So I have narrowed it down to

New Designz EZ Turn On/Off ASA Ultra Lite 07 w/Air Bleed
http://www.actionvillage.com/031-206-0037

vs

Custom Products Mini On/Off ASA
http://www.actionvillage.com/031-138-0045

I hope I can find a local PB store so I can actually see them before I buy one.
I figured they would all be pretty much the same.

minimag03
06-01-2009, 06:52 AM
I have actually used the New Designz ASA. The pin on the inside of it was too long for my tank and would open the valve on the tank before I screwed the tank in all the way (and while the ASA was off). It doesn't do it with my co2 tanks, only my Crossfire.

drg
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
IMO out the front is the way to go for on-offs, and there is one design I am particularly fond of, it's sold by Deadlywind, WarriorPB, WDP (Angel One), TrinityPB, U2 Paintball and maybe one or two other places.

Looks like this, and is almost always sold in a set with a small rail:
http://www.warriorpaintball.com/v/vspfiles/photos/ASA-DOVEONOFF-BLACK-2.jpg

thejayare
06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm a huge fan of those CP pro minis that you are eyeing, Doc. They are super easy to turn.

olinar
06-02-2009, 04:01 AM
the cp mini's are very nice for the price on them.

I actually found that they were too small though, I used it on my emag though.

I had a problem screwing the tank in as the nipple would hit the bottom of my trigger frame.
Though the emag is frame is larger than most, its still a problem on other frames I would imagine.

Frizzle Fry
06-02-2009, 04:11 AM
the cp mini's are very nice for the price on them.

I actually found that they were too small though, I used it on my emag though.

I had a problem screwing the tank in as the nipple would hit the bottom of my trigger frame.
Though the emag is frame is larger than most, its still a problem on other frames I would imagine.

I've encountered that with my emag frame and my Benchmark Automag frames. Easily solved by using a rail or dropforward.

DocRocker
06-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks all,

You guys are a great help!! :headbang:

automagmasta
06-03-2009, 06:17 AM
CP FTW

i have cp's on every marker i own excpet my phantom and shoebox. they are great for the cost, and they turn so easily. also, if they ever leak (which never happenes) it is SUPER easy to fix. go CP fo sho

mag

Frizzle Fry
06-03-2009, 06:23 AM
CP FTW

i have cp's on every marker i own excpet my phantom and shoebox. they are great for the cost, and they turn so easily. also, if they ever leak (which never happenes) it is SUPER easy to fix. go CP fo sho

mag

SO easy to turn. I forgot to mention that... There's no resistance! It's like butter!

I've never stripped one (no need, not even to change rings/seals after several years of steady use...) but I'm fairly sure that you're not cranking the knob against the pin directly.