PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Air America Parts

vf-xx
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey, y'all. Long time no see.

I've been out of things for a while, what happened to Air america, is anybody supplying parts for them?

I ask this, because I finally got around to testing my rig before my first game in a few years, and found that the Reg piston of my Air America Armageddon is missing (had recently had the tank hydroed).

I will check back with the shop, see if they happen to have the specific part, but supposing they don't, does anybody know where I could find one quickly?

Thanks!

shives007
06-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm surprised Shane-O hasn't jumped on this yet. Though I am the resident AA fan-boy, he is the resident expert. I believe the piston is interchangeable with the AGD ones. There are parts that are not.

Shane-O, speak up...

Shives

Cyberkill04
06-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I have one I can get rid of pm me and we can work something out

vf-xx
06-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Anybody know if the Unireg and the Armageddon use the same adjustment Piston?

Shane-O-Mac
06-05-2009, 10:17 PM
You can use an AGD piston, BUT its safety isnt set high enough, it will vent at 450psi or so. Try and find an AA piston, or you can try this. Get an AGD piston, figure out how to lock in place without scarring or marring it, and turn the jam nut in 1 turn, install in the reg, and see how high the pressure goes before the piston vents (out the adjuster usually). Rinse, lather, repeat until you get to 1100-1200 psi. Be carefull when you get the reg that high though, once you get in the 1100psi range it is only a twist or two away from bending the reg pin. Make sure you raise the pressure slowly and with air in the tank (and on if its an Apocalypse), you can bend the reg pin very very easily without air.

Shane-O-Mac
06-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Anybody know if the Unireg and the Armageddon use the same adjustment Piston?

Not at all.

vf-xx
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Hrm. Thanks for the Info shane. Seeing as how I don't have an extra Mag reg pin around, I guess I'll keep up hunting for an AA pin.

I doubt I'll find either before my game on Sunday. So now the question is: do I try and tweak at the field for a rental tank, or do I spend the time and money on saturday that'll take to swap my tank over to a DynaFlo....

Le-sigh. I am very aggrivated by the whole thing.