PDA

View Full Version : What brand of paintball should we use on our field?

Ratt
06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
We are in the process of building a paintball field on our base (White Sands Missile Range). After some debate and research, we have decided that we are going to shell out the money for an 'Instant Inflatable Field'. One of the questions that was brought up was: When we are finished playing for the weekend, and we wash down the field, what is going to happen to the paint? The concern is, since most paint fill consists of dye and vegetable oil, that the water, dye, and vegetable oil is going to run off and seep into the ground, which would be a big no-no for the EPA guys on base. So, I need a biodegradable tournament grade paint (preferrably one that won't cost us an arm and a leg).

Any suggestions?

As a side note...anyone care to take a guess as to what kind of rental guns I talked the 'bigwigs' into buying...? Hint: They sure the hell won't be Ions... :nono:

sandfreestyle
06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Fluid paintballs by JT are pretty decent for the price. I recommend Monsoon or Abyss.

BiNumber3
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
u talked them into renting out e-mags... :P i think that would be ev1's dream come true lol

Ratt
06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
u talked them into renting out e-mags... :P i think that would be ev1's dream come true lol

Oh, that would be a dream come true!

xero28
06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I have played ball at a place called TAG outside of Monterey. They are field paint only, I think because the paint they use is "EPA Approved" (or something like that). Contact DevilMan here on AO, he may be able to give you some info on what they use. My local field also runs FPO because of environmental issues, but I don't know what they use. It's called Gladiator Paintball Park in San Luis Obispo, CA. The owner seems like a pretty cool guy, I'm sure you could call them and see what they use if you really need to. Hope that helps.

BTW, if it was 10 years ago, I would have said Mags for the rentals, but nowadays I really have no idea what it would be. (I still have hope they're Mags though. ;) )

Ratt
06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
BTW, if it was 10 years ago, I would have said Mags for the rentals, but nowadays I really have no idea what it would be. (I still have hope they're Mags though. ;) )

I have already spoken to Tunaman, and when I get the go-ahead from the director to order the guns, I will be purchasing 15-20 Mags from Tunaman... :headbang:

Thanks for the info guys!

Wanta B Sniper
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
You are going to have one of the best fields ever (rental Mags :D )! I don't know what to tell you as for paint though.

Chronobreak
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
most tournament type paint is going to stain or leave a heavy reesidue, same with the low end stuff

your stuck kinda in the middle if you want something PEG filled thats environmentaly friendly and water soluable. We have gone thru alot of paint and are currently using KARNAGE, we are very happy with them but stick with the middle grade stuff, the high end leaves residue, the low end is ok for rental grade stuff.

as for rentals, the infernos are great

Sumthinwicked
06-02-2009, 06:24 PM
i hate the paint but its good on the woods pmi premium paint or xball gold works good to use one as the cheapo and one as the good LOL

Tunaman
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
TopGun uses Draxxus paint. I am sure it is cheap and totally biodegradeable or they wouldn't use it. I shot a case of this paint that has been in the back of my truck for exactly 1 year,,,and it was just fine. Not one broken ball. :D

Chronobreak
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
the dxs rec sport is great, i havent used anything else, i would steer clear the triumph as i have seen ALOT of bad shipments where the paint is hard as monster balls or cured improperly

StygShore
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
DXS recsport is good cheap paint, new nelson paint is alittle pricier but good stuff.

What you want to look for is a paint thatis a completely PEG ( Poly ethalyne glycol ? ) - it will disolve completely in water and make for much easier clean up afterwards - and completel environment safe

Styg

Cold Steel
06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I would recommend either ProCaps (DraXxus - XBall - DXS brands) or Kee Action Sports (RP Scherer, Evil, Diablo, Empire brands). Both companies manufacture & sell quality paintballs, and offer a variety of paint-grades and price breaks. Both of these companies will gladly provide you with material safety data sheets upon request.

Ratt
06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the info! :headbang: