PDA

View Full Version : How good a deal

1stTarget
06-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Is this a good deal:
http://binghamton.craigslist.org/spo/1200058279.html

Smoothice
06-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I would say that is about the right price for what it is worth.

Spider-TW
06-02-2009, 06:38 PM
The right price if you are sure it is what you want. It is not a bargain and you will not be mixing and matching too many parts with it, being a painted white RT classic. May be exactly what you want in New York for playing in the snow. ;)

BiNumber3
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
is it painted or powdercoat, n who knows, there might be a lot of worthwhile extras not pictured
that tank looks pretty old tho, if it passes hydro, id think it's still nearing the end of its legal life (15yrs from birth i think), then its either a life of secrecy and danger or u scrap the bottle. Tho my hydro guy once tested a 20 year bottle with no probs what so ever so....

xero28
06-02-2009, 09:21 PM
id think it's still nearing the end of its legal life (15yrs from birth i think), then its either a life of secrecy and danger or u scrap the bottle.

My thoughts exactly. I'd guess you have only a couple of years left on that thing if any at all, so you could probably take that into consideration and get the price down $40-50.

chinstrap
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'd guess you have only a couple of years left on that thing if any at all, so you could probably take that into consideration and get the price down $40-50.

Heh. I was talking to the guy via email and he pulled the scuba tank out of the deal, but still wants the same $200 due to the "interest" he's been getting.

I'm going to meet up with him to see whether there are any goodies in his pile of crap, but I'm guessing it's basically going to be $200 for a classic RT with 3 barrels and a box of garbage thrown in.

Booo.

Pretty typical for the locals though. :mad:

chinstrap
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Heh. I was talking to the guy via email and he pulled the scuba tank out of the deal, but still wants the same $200 due to the "interest" he's been getting.

I'm going to meet up with him to see whether there are any goodies in his pile of crap, but I'm guessing it's basically going to be $200 for a classic RT with 3 barrels and a box of garbage thrown in.

Booo.

Pretty typical though. :mad:

Spider-TW
06-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Booo.

Pretty typical though. :mad:
Yeah. I made a deal here in Houston last month. The seller said he was getting "some guy calling from out of state." He just wanted to hand stuff off for cash. Trading stuff on AO with a bunch of pics is one thing, rummaging around craigslist is another. It can be fun to help people clean their closet, but the only real bargains are when they "don't know, don't care" what they have and probably aren't going to tell you everything about it anyway.

"Ya pays your money, and ya takes your chances."

xero28
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah. I made a deal here in Houston last month. The seller said he was getting "some guy calling from out of state." He just wanted to hand stuff off for cash. Trading stuff on AO with a bunch of pics is one thing, rummaging around craigslist is another. It can be fun to help people clean their closet, but the only real bargains are when they "don't know, don't care" what they have and probably aren't going to tell you everything about it anyway.

"Ya pays your money, and ya takes your chances."

Yeah, Craigslist can be a gold mine sometimes. It usually boils down to luck in finding the post before someone else does. I haven't purchased too much from CL, but I've found 2 nice cockers and a complete Freak Set. One cocker is a '98 and cost me $35. It came with a what seems to be brand new JT Spectra w/ 2 sets of thermal lenses, a Palmer's Rock ($25-40 used), an Brand new AKA Lightning Bolt ($60), a Revvy hopper and a bunch of spare parts. I ended up selling the loader for $20. :ninja: I love this gun and it is one of the most reliable guns I've used. The other cocker is a nice silver to blue fade Dye, everything matching, including the boomstick barrel. The guy said it needed a new ram, but the barb had just broken off in it and was easily fixed. I got that one for $50. It would've been $40, but it wasn't local and he wanted $10 for shipping. The Freak kit was $40 for the complete set with the case. I ended up selling it for about twice that. I now regret doing so since I've got the cockers and need better paint/barrel matching. :mad:

So those are my stories and I'm stickin' to 'em.

-X