PDA

View Full Version : Myth regs

paintball72
06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I am looking to make my setup lighter and more compact. I am thinking of getting a 4500 psi myth for my tank, but is there a way to have it output 800-850ish psi?

I have also been hearing things about myth immitation myth regulators, is this something i should be worried about when purchasing.

Sumthinwicked
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
buy forma dealer they have one on ao somewhere

deathbypaint1213
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Honestly, it would not be a good idea for you to purchase a myth reg if you have an automag. Automags work best at around 800 or more psi, Myth regs only output around 750. The first run of myth regs had some supposed fake ones, these fake ones were made in Asia and did not function, causing alot of problems. The only way to really get a regulator to output more is to shim it, like on a ninja or pure energy reg.

sandfreestyle
06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I bought a BNIB ANS reg custom set to 1000psi output from a dealer here on AO. Works great on all my mags and it RTs pretty well too.

BiNumber3
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
fake myths prolly arent on the market anywhere anymore, not from reputable places at least. and should u manage to find one, GA will replace it for free.

all my myths have run very well on my mags, and ive had more luck getting my rt effects goin when usin my myths. (all of mine were just "high pressure output", not the 1k output)

only prob you might run into is screwing your tank in, make sure there's enough clearance on your drop or asa

Chrome
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
+1. Ran my 22/3K/myth all day Sunday no problem. Note I'm running a classic valve, but I think one guy on the team is running an x-valve with no problems with a 68/45.

One thing I wanted to add. I've got a pure energy 50/45 tank with one of their new regs (almost as small as myth), and I have been having trouble in that the gauge/fill nipple/burst disc dig into my hand with my ASA direct on the gripframe (no drop). A longer reg (like my old crossfire) gives just enough space to place my hand without running into anything. So, I guess I'm saying if you're not running a drop, you might want to borrow someone's tank with a myth reg and try it out first.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
also can buy the high pressure spring kit to put the outputat 850psi..

:cheers:

splat15k
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
also can buy the high pressure spring kit to put the outputat 850psi..

:cheers:

This is exactly what I did. There is also a spring that outputs about 1000psi according to GA