PDA

View Full Version : RT ON/OFF / lvl X Problems

Flatliner333
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I recently installed an RT on/off in my X Valve and have yet to get it going right. The top (white o ring ) keeps coming off the pin and lodging between the top of the pin and the bottom of the on/off hole. When this happens the pin is pushed through the hole in the valve body and I have to force the pin back through the hole to remove the valve from the body.I am afraid I am going to eventually bend the pin. Why is this happening.
Also the X valve was bought used with the ULT and lvl X bolt .I have no extra carriers or springs and since I installed the new RT on/off it has started chopping balls like crazy. I have a Torque 440 Loud Mouth (man that thing is heavy)on it so I believe the hopper is keeping up ok.I should be getting some extra parts for the lvl X from the guy I bought it from. Hopefully some different carriers and springs.Where should I start to "Tune" the bolt so it wont chop at high cps.

Tunaman
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Did you put the large oring down in the hole first before inserting the on/off assy with the small oring attached to the pin?

Flatliner333
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Did you put the large oring down in the hole first before inserting the on/off assy with the small oring attached to the pin?

No sir......I am only familiar with the A.I.R Valve that I know has the large and small o rings.
When I got the X valve (used from a paint ball shop) it had a ULT on/off in it with no large o ring in the hole.When I bought the new RT on/off it didn't have the large o ring with it just the small white one attached to the top of the pin.I think maybe I did a bad thing didn't I.
This is why it leaks down the barrel sometimes also right?

Now I just need to get my bolt to stop chopping balls...................

Tunaman
06-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Well it wont work without that large oring... Take the one off of the ULT and use that...

Spider-TW
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
A lot of that going on lately. :confused:

Maybe its from the picture on the online store, which only shows the small o-ring.

Flatliner333
06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah it is a little confusing, when I got the "used X Valve" it did not have a large o ring"in" the on/off hole so I didn't think it was supposed to have one.It does have one "around" the top of ithe on/off in the groove.
So to clarify : The top of the ULT has a small O ring sunk down into the top of it where the RT on/off does not.The top of the ULT pin is small where the top of the RT pin is larger.
So are you supposed to use the small white o ring and the larger one that fits snug in the hole for all of the on/off assemblys?
Would the absence of this larger o ring (in the hole) in addition to letting it leak air mess up the timing as well on the bolt causing it to chop balls while RTing?

Flatliner333
06-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Well it wont work without that large oring... Take the one off of the ULT and use that...

Ok I put the large O ring in the hole (I had one from a rebuild kit) and it is not leaking anymore. I can't hardly get it to RT now at any psi.I have tried from 900 to 1200 and still nothing.I guess tomorrow I will try and start shortening the pin.Will it also require less PSI to the gun to get it to RT if I shorten the on/off pin, that would be nice? I have a .750 pin in it now, I think i will take it down 1/32 and see what happens.

frans42000
06-07-2009, 02:10 AM
A lot of that going on lately. :confused:

Maybe its from the picture on the online store, which only shows the small o-ring.

Well, it might also be that AGD is sending people RT on/off's without the large o-ring.

I bought one, and it came assembled just like the photo, with no large onring on top. I had to reuse the one off my old on/off.

I guess AGD assumes we are using these in RT classics?