PDA

View Full Version : LF TechData (Sydarm)

Ando
06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Does anyone have anything on the gun...Downloadable manual? Any kind of tech info? Anything? I know AGD made the damn thing but they have squat on their site for the marker.

Any info you guys can hook me up with will be much appreciated...

Smoothice
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have anything on the gun...Downloadable manual? Any kind of tech info? Anything? I know AGD made the damn thing but they have squat on their site for the marker.

Any info you guys can hook me up with will be much appreciated...

Is there a specific question you need answered? Or just want a manual to read through?

Ando
06-07-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm having issues all around with the gun that I've never came across on my other mags.

When I first air up the gun I get about 3-4 shot and the gun starts burping like it's out of air. 15 freakin 12 gram cartridges later, I noticed the bolt's sticking forward by a few mm. I have to manually push the bolt back by hand and the gun airs up again but 3-4 shots later, same results. I've already tried backing off the field strip and grip screws but no luck...and yes, I've lubed the hell out of it. The sear has no wear and seems to be working fine...Besides the sear cause i don't have another one like it, I've swapped out every component of the gun (on/off, grip, bolt and spring, different power tubes, etc..) but same results.

I have no obstructions what so ever and all o'rings are 100% replaced and accounted for. I'm at a loss. Ready to take the thing outside and go 12 gauge buck shot crazy on it.

secretweaponevan
06-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm having issues all around with the gun that I've never came across on my other mags.

When I first air up the gun I get about 3-4 shot and the gun starts burping like it's out of air. 15 freakin 12 gram cartridges later, I noticed the bolt sticking forward by a few mm. I have to manually push the bolt back by hand and the gun airs up again but 3-4 shots later, same results. I've already tried backing off the field strip and grip screws but no luck...and yes, I've lubed the hell out of it. The sear has no wear and seems to be working fine...Besides the sear cause i don't have another one like it, I've swapped out every component of the gun (on/off, grip, bolt and spring, different power tubes, etc..) but same results.

I have no obstructions what so ever and all o'rings are 100% replaced and accounted for. I'm at a loss. Ready to take the thing outside and go 12 gauge crazy on it.

You need a longer powertube spacer (or replace the powertube spring with the correct spacer).

Ando
06-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Been there done that bro. I got 2 power tube kits and have used every color in the book with no luck. :(

secretweaponevan
06-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Been there done that bro. I got 2 power tube kits and have used every color in the book with no luck. :(

Hrrm. What condition is your spring pack in? Is there any debris in it or is it very rusty or weak?

Smoothice
06-07-2009, 01:20 PM
do you have any longer bolt springs? Something with a little more tension to recock the bolt.

Are you using the shortest spacer so that it doesn't leak?

Before you go buck wild on it I will buy it. Seriously. But lets try to fix it first ;)

secretweaponevan
06-07-2009, 01:21 PM
do you have any longer bolt springs? Something with a little more tension to recock the bolt.

Are you using the shortest spacer so that it doesn't leak?

Before you go buck wild on it I will buy it. Seriously. But lets try to fix it first ;)

Ooh, I wonder if his bumper is swollen with age?

Smoothice
06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Ooh, I wonder if his bumper is swollen with age?

Never heard of a swollen bumper. But something is keeping it from recocking reliably.

secretweaponevan
06-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Even though I am in Florida, he might be in a cooler climate where the 12 grams are going to liquid in the 3-4 shots and causing the reg seat to leak and pressure to drop too much to fire.

Thank TK for HPA. I loathe mags on CO2.

Smoothice
06-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Even though I am in Florida, he might be in a cooler climate where the 12 grams are going to liquid in the 3-4 shots and causing the reg seat to leak and pressure to drop too much to fire.

Thank TK for HPA. I loathe mags on CO2.

liquid co2 is probably the problem.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1510397&postcount=12

Ando
06-08-2009, 04:12 AM
I loathe mags on CO2./agree :shooting:

I live in MD, the weather has been great here so it's not a Co2 problem. I've never heard of the bumper thing either but it's been change so that's a moot point. I've tried every damn spring and spacer combo that i can think of. I even broke out my lvl 10 springs with no success. I'm sure on the 50th Co2 cartridge I blow I'll figure it out. I'm done playing with it atm. I'll let ya know what I find, if anything. I'm sure it's something stupid. :tard:

secretweaponevan
06-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Just for craps and giggles, is your powertube tip o-ring in place?

Also, have you checked all the gas paths for debris? 12grams can be filled with gross sludge sometimes.

Ando
06-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Recheck Power tube O-Ring...Check

Check for crap in the gun...Double Check

When I got the gun I did a full overhaul on it. Ripped it apart 100%, inspected and cleaned EVERYTHING. Replace all the O-Ring and dropped half a gallon of oil in the thing and went to town blowing the oil out. I rechecked and rechecked and rechecked the whole gun top to bottom and I know for sure everything is where it's suppose to be but can't get this problem fixed.

Horrible!!!

/Hate Myself...

I've owned an AutoMag(s) for the last 12 yrs and pretty much fixed any and every problem that ever arise, but this crap is giving me gray hairs

It's inevitable, I'm going to end up sending it off to AGD if i can't figure it out here pretty soon. :mad:

secretweaponevan
06-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Not the powertube o-ring, the powertube TIP o-ring. If it isn't in place the powertube tip will unscrew slightly causing the bolt to stick.

Do you have another mag that you can start swapping parts with until you locate the culprit?

Ando
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Ya..i've got 3 other mags...I'll have to ck that tomorrow, I'm 100% sure on the o'ring being there but i'll def swap out that power tube tip...

Thanks...

Ando
06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm sure it's something stupid. :tard:

Hi, my name is John and i'm a toolbox....Well, seems like my issue is not having AMMO in the gun when fired (I don't freekin no :eek: ).
I guess what little blowback you get from the balls was the oomph the gun needed to totally reset the bolt. Damn thing works like a champ now. If I dryfire it, the problem comes back. With ammo, the thing rocks. Put that one in your little black book of 101 reasons why the mag won't work. It's a first on me.

Smoothice
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
:rofl:

Nice!

Mags are truly like woman. They each have their own little special ways to drive us crazy.

Ando
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I seriously got gray hairs down the lower region from this one. :p

I know...I know...

...TMI (Too much information) :D