PDA

View Full Version : A happy flatline again

Spider-TW
06-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I built this as a home for my old 3k flatline. I had trouble getting the velocity to be bearably controlled. Turns out I missed replacing the oring on the valve body. Not a single o-ring on the marker body was doing anything useful (nor on the 3-way before it came off).

I have finally gotten all of the kinks worked out of it and I have one of the other kind of AGD pumps.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/1048/medium/pumped.JPG

ManInBlack
06-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Looks cool, but I'm wondering why you have a red dot sight on there? Doesn't the feedneck get in the way?

Spider-TW
06-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks cool, but I'm wondering why you have a red dot sight on there? Doesn't the feedneck get in the way?
I use it like an armson sight (both eyes). It has the advantage of working in very low light. It also keeps the the dinky daisy sight from getting shot off the top of the marker. :rolleyes: At least it weighs nothing.

ManInBlack
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Ah, I see. Either way it looks cool. Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

Spider-TW
06-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Ah, I see. Either way it looks cool. Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

Off and on with the marker. I've played with a point sight often at night. If you can see a target in the moonlight, you can hit it if it's in range.

I don't play a whole lot of pump anymore, but the marker keeps improving so I keep tinkering with it. It gave me a few very nice games a couple of weeks ago. It was comfortable and smooth, but the varying velocity was aggravating though. I thought the flatline was leaking by, but it just doesn't trim the pressure on a slow leak very well.

I got the barrels to fit by re-tapping the body and the valve o-ring helped the velocity back to about +/- 5 fps. I'm hoping my accuracy will be up next time I take it out. :)