PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine / Auto-Erotic Asphyxia

going_home
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
The 72-year-old actor was found dead in a Thai hotel room closet in an intricate web of ropes -- one around his neck, another around his genitals and the two tied together, according to Thai authorities.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7764618&page=1

Those Hollywood types got some sick stuff going on out there.

:nono:

punkncat
06-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah, well...he was in Thailand, and everything goes over there.

I actually kind of question the whole deal. It is said that there is no evidence of anyone else being in the room. That Carradine accidentally hung himself while doing the auto-erotic thing.
Thailand is graced with some of the worlds most reknown prositutes, and cheap. So why would buddy be in a closet jacking his own meat, when there are plenty of willing and legal participants? Not like he didn't have the money....

So my thought are that either the hooker covered her tracks, which is what I suspect. Or that he didn't die that way at all, it was something else and this whole thing is a "reputation" play.

Babylon 5
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Who hasn't seen some rope or the pull cord on mini blinds lying around and thought what could I do with that? ;)

Will Wood
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, well...he was in Thailand, and everything goes over there.

I actually kind of question the whole deal. It is said that there is no evidence of anyone else being in the room. That Carradine accidentally hung himself while doing the auto-erotic thing.
Thailand is graced with some of the worlds most reknown prositutes, and cheap. So why would buddy be in a closet jacking his own meat, when there are plenty of willing and legal participants? Not like he didn't have the money....

So my thought are that either the hooker covered her tracks, which is what I suspect. Or that he didn't die that way at all, it was something else and this whole thing is a "reputation" play.

To each his own, ya know.
Your point is pretty valid, but it doesn't take the standpoint of Carradine himself.

Though I will say ya something is messed up with the whole situation.

Automags for life
06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Not the way you hope to hear somebody like David Carradine passing. I'd rather him passed fighting Ninjas. :ninja:

Smoothice
06-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Last I heard (friday) was that his hands were tied behind his back...

And authorities are having a difficult time obtaining the surveillance footage from the hotel.

Timber_Ghost
06-07-2009, 03:35 PM
gotta agree with punkncat... the hooker totally covered her tracks. And if she couldnt get him hoisted up, well... call in her pimp daddy. Ol' Dave should have been faster on the safety word. Any Kung Fu master will tell you that.

Smoothice
06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Ol' Dave should have been faster on the safety word. Any Kung Fu master will tell you that.

The safety word is "Wwwwhiskey!"

http://www.isawitin.com/prod_images_small/A89680F6-C61C-2F5B-24038363361C91DC.jpg

SCpoloRicker
06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Those LIBERAL Hollywood types got some sick stuff going on out there.

Cleared that up for you. Gotta keep our partisan politics involved. :rolleyes:

Carradine was an icon, and he will be missed by many a nerd/geek/film fan. I would hope that we could show some discretion for people in the media; but that is not today's world.

Spider-TW
06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I would hope that we could show some discretion for people in the media; but that is not today's world.
Not while they are selling their baby pictures for big bucks outright. I am often impressed by the new levels of raw publicity that are reached without any unusual effort. I guess that's a perk of being a living public figure.

Let's hope the baby pictures don't go any further. :p

Dend78
06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Who hasn't seen some rope or the pull cord on mini blinds lying around and thought what could I do with that? ;)

:spit_take

I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?!

going_home
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Photo is near the bottom.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212235885.shtml

:ninja:

m0l0t0v
06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
La petite mort
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The little death)
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see La petite mort (disambiguation).
"Little Death" redirects here. For other uses, see Little Death (disambiguation).

La petite mort, French for "the little death", is a reference for the refractory period following sexual orgasm. The term has generally been interpreted to describe the post-orgasmic fainting spells[1] or unconsciousness some lovers experience.

More widely, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with orgasm, or a short period of melancholy or transcendence, as a result of the expenditure of the "life force". Literary critic Roland Barthes spoke of la petite mort as the chief objective of reading literature. He metaphorically used the concept to describe the feeling one should get when experiencing any great literature.

A recent study of brain activation patterns using Positron Emission Tomography (PET) give some support to the experience of a small death:

"To some degree, the present results seem to be in accordance with this notion, because female orgasm is associated with decreased blood flow in the orbitofrontal cortex, a part of the brain that is crucial for behavioural control."[2]

The term 'la petite mort' or 'the small death' does not always apply to sexual experiences. It can also be used when some undesired thing has happened to a person and has affected them so much that 'a part of them dies inside'. A literary example of this is found in Thomas Hardy's 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' when he uses the phrase to describe how Tess feels after she comes across a particularly gruesome omen and meeting with her own rapist.

"She felt the petite mort at this unexpectedly gruesome information, and left the solitary man behind her." ~ Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

MANN
06-20-2009, 11:11 AM
ummm. ok. :tard:

Destructo6
06-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Has to be murder.

Nobody masturbates in Thailand.

SCpoloRicker
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
La petite mort, French for "the little death", is a reference for the refractory period following sexual orgasm. The term has generally been interpreted to describe the post-orgasmic fainting spells[1] or unconsciousness some lovers experience.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4937/coolstorybrov.jpg