PDA

View Full Version : Classic valve adn LVL 10

pinkanese
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I recently installed a lvl 10 kit into my classic mag, and in order to get it to fire the velocity screw has to be almost all the way in. I read somewhere around here that I needed a new piston, but I wanted to make sure that I only had to replace the one part to get it to work. And also could anyone tell me where I could get this part?

Thanks.

theGOLDENchild
06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
You can get the piston from Tunaman or from Action Village. I'm no expert but I thought the new piston was used to prevent the safety blow off from being triggered because of the added pressure requirement of the level10.

Wanta B Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
But will an X-Valve piston go into a Classic? I thought all Classic pistons were the same.

pinkanese
06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
just to be sure this is what I am looking for, right?

http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=39&p=30

I checked actionvillage but it was going to be $21 for the one part and that seems ridiculous to me.

Wanta B Sniper
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I believe that's the part but I don't think it should be your reg piston causing this. Instead I think you should look at your spring pack, how tight the carrier o-ring fits, and maybe change your spring to the shortest one - it will still work.

BigTrucker
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
All you need is a new piston. you can get one from AGD or Tuna. An Xvalve piston will not fit into a classic valve. The new piston will be a silver color and the old will be brass.

secretweaponevan
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
You only need a new piston if your mag can't get up to velocity before it starts venting out the back.

Look into a new spring pack as Wanta said.