PDA

View Full Version : Luke, you should make these!

TwilightG
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Not my idea and not AGD-related, but a lot of members here own Mini's:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/invert/80377-mini-drop-foward-adapter.html#post856496

Edit: Actually, it just occurred to me that these would also work very well for Pneumag owners that want to use a drop forward with a sleeper LPR in the frame! Do it!! I will buy one!! :clap: :cheers:

Oh, and thanks to Dave @ Capital Paintball for this. :)

Looper
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I would buy two. Only issue I see is where do you place the top hole for the air passage/oring. It would be different for every setup.

If somebody wants to do this I can forward the measurements for the GForce Frame air passage hole. :ninja:

TwilightG
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I would buy two. Only issue I see is where do you place the top hole for the air passage/oring. It would be different for every setup.

Yeah, I suppose it would be kind of specific to the setup.

hmm... I'll have to give it some more thought

Smoothice
06-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Great Idea for those that want a drop. I used to love drops. Now not so much.

I bet you could use that adapter for other things though. Like mounting a warp feed or q-loader to a mini.

Not sure if those types of loaders have been used on a mini yet. If not.... let me patent it first ;)

luke
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I dont get what its for. (?)

BiNumber3
06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
it's an adapter sorta, redirects the airport from the bottom of the mini frame off to the side, in order to mount a fitting and use any asa/drop u want, im guessing an o-ring seals between the adapter n tha frame

luke
06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
So its similar to what guys are doing to stash a reg in a frame for the pneumag frames.

Smoothice
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
So its similar to what guys are doing to stash a reg in a frame for the pneumag frames.

Kinda. Most guys now are trying to do what a mini already does. Make their asa go directly into the the lpr in the grip. Which means it must be a direct mount asa.

What this adapter does is makes it so you can use a drop but still get the necessary air into the grip.

luke
06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Isn't that what the pneumag guys are doing?

Machine a spot for an o ring between the grip and asa, dill a hole in the asa at the center of the oring, drill and tap a hole for the reg through the bottom of the frame at the o ring. ??

Smoothice
06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Isn't that what the pneumag guys are doing?

Machine a spot for an o ring between the grip and asa, dill a hole in the asa at the center of the oring, drill and tap a hole for the reg through the bottom of the frame at the o ring. ??

Yes. That is exactly what the pneumag guys are doing.

BUT

That is how a mini already is.

This is separating the asa from the frame. So a person could use a drop if they wanted too.

luke
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I never had my hands on a Mini. ;)

going_home
06-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I never had my hands on a Mini. ;)

I picked one up in a trade last month.
I only played one game last month and used the Mini.
Fun to play with. Not quite as air efficient as I had heard.
Had 3000 psi in a 45/4500, shot 600 balls, had 1000 left.
My Empire B is almost as big as the marker.

;)

luke
06-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Yea, it would be easy enough to make, but like Looper said the air passage hole location will be an issue...

Spider-TW
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Yea, it would be easy enough to make, but like Looper said the air passage hole location will be an issue...
I haven't been keeping up on all of the sleeper mods, but most of the ones I have seen are CP direct mounts. The location of the hole on that ASA should be pretty well defined. However, there has also been some different designs on o-ring mounting. I think the groove usually gets put on the ASA where it is easy to make, but someone was talking about putting a groove in the bottom of the frame as well.

I guess you could just specify where the hole is in the adapter and people can use it on existing mounts where it works or use it in new designs.

luke
06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I would do a few on a prepay deal if you guys can figure out what you want. :)