PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Troubles

Slippy
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Recently purchased a minimag through ebay and loved the way it shot but hated the shootdown, so I purchased an X-Valve. I just got it Yesterday and it giving me fits. When I attached air to the marker it immediately shoots. It resets and then after the first time I pull the trigger the it fails to reset and it spews air down the barrel. I've Isolated the problem to the Valve as the the Lvl 10 was taken off and added to my old valve and works great.

Somebody help

Flatliner333
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Take the on/off out and check for a bad o ring.

Slippy
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
did that and replaced O-Rings same problem

Wanta B Sniper
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
What's the output pressure on your air tank?

Slippy
06-11-2009, 02:53 AM
What's the output pressure on your air tank?
Not sure, its a Pure Energy 48 Cu steel tank, fixed output, 3000 psi

the other one which I haven't tried yet (cuz its empty) is fixed at 850

secretweaponevan
06-11-2009, 07:00 AM
It is normal for the X-Valve to fire on air up. Just hold the trigger while gassing up to prevent this.

You said that it isn't the Level 10 because the Level 10 works in your old valve. That isn't proof that the Level 10 is tuned properly for your X-Valve, it just means that it is tuned for your Minimag valve. Each valve can be different by a couple of thousandths of an inch.

The problem with your X-Valve is most likely too tight a carrier and/or not enough autolube. You want the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

Slippy
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
The problem with your X-Valve is most likely too tight a carrier and/or not enough autolube. You want the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

does anybody got any extra carriers, got mine off ebay and it only came with one

Edit:Disregard, found at the main site

Slippy
06-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Ordered every dang carrier from AGD and I can't get the X-valve to work, it gasses up shoots once and then won't reset. I've tried every carrier, with or without the shims, replaced every O-rings I can get at as well, HELP

kcombs9
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
have you cronoed it? turn up the vilosity tell it shoots consistently. then check your fps again.

MntlHazrd
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
out of curiosity have you tried to turn up the velocity?

maniacmechanic
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
is it leaking anywhere ? , what spring are you using ? do you have a chrono ? are you setting up the LX as per instructions ?
Field strip screw too tight/loose
Grip frame screw too tight/loose
reg piston sticking
level ten too tight
velocity too low

Slippy
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Unable to chrono as I can't get to to stay shoot everytime at least once, Strip screw is Hand tightened. Velocity adjustment has ranged from just barely engaging to maxed out and everything inbetween.

I will gas it up and it will leak down the barrel, I can then push the bolt back with my finger and then it can be fired It will then go back to the same position after being fired and then I can repeat the process. does the same thing with the largest carrier and the smallest carrier

Don't know which spring I'm using, It only came with one. (EBAy)

06-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Sounds like bolt stick
try changing the tightness of the field strip screw (1/4 turn past hand tight with a wrench)
if that doesnt fix it try adjusting the front frame screw

Ando
07-11-2009, 10:04 AM
You know...I had this same problem with the bolt sticking on my Sydarm and fixed it.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243011

Hopefully the fix works for you. GL :)

Edit: Just scroll down (3rd to the last post).

secretweaponevan
07-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Did the largest carrier leak?

Here is a chart that shows how to read carrier sizes.
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/html/graphics/carrierlengths.gif

What is your largest carrier size? Are you using the same carrier o-ring each time?

Edit: If your bolt spring is really worn out, or your bumper is really wonky it could do this too. What color bolt spring are you using?
Is your bumper in good condition (not warped or melted, or anything funky)?

Ando
07-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey bro. I would look at your spring first. Just duplicated your problem with my mag by installing a smallest spring in it. Bolt keeps sticking and gassed out like crazy. Try a larger spring. I have the red spring on mine with the carrier that has no lines and 2 shims.

Another thing you might want to look at are those shims. Make sure you didn't get them mixed up with the ULT shims. The ULT shims are the same diameter and look just like the Lvl 10's but are .005 thick instead of .010

ULT = .005
Lvl 10 = .010

I was having ULT tunning problems day before yesterday and had realized I was using the wrong shims. :tard:

BiNumber3
07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
is your sear n bolt in good condition? also does your rail have the rail bushing? little brass bushing where the thumbscrew goes in?

Tym
07-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Make sure your frame screw isn't to tight. It should be just as tight as your thumb screw.