PDA

View Full Version : Tunablade question

Papillon
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
My tunablade on my E-mag has a serious side to side movement to it. Is that normal? The side movement is about as much as the trigger-pull itself. Do others have this also? Is there a way to fix this?
It's not that big of an issue it's just a little irritating.

Tunaman
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont recall anyone having made this claim out of hundreds of them. It is possible that the frame is a little out of spec. All frames are a little different. Is it an AGD frame? If so, you can shim it with little effort. There must be SOME play in it though. Dont make it too tight.

Smoothice
06-11-2009, 01:46 AM
i've seen an emag where the trigger pin was installed backwards and when the pin was removed it widened the smaller hole on the emag frame.

The trigger pin is tapered and the holes on each side of the frame are different sizes.

Well from being forced out the wrong side both holes were now the same size. This caused a bit of side to side play in the trigger.

Maybe that is your problem...

Tunaman
06-11-2009, 06:22 AM
i've seen an emag where the trigger pin was installed backwards and when the pin was removed it widened the smaller hole on the emag frame.

The trigger pin is tapered and the holes on each side of the frame are different sizes.

Well from being forced out the wrong side both holes were now the same size. This caused a bit of side to side play in the trigger.

Maybe that is your problem...Actually, the pin is NOT tapered and the frame hole is the exact same size all the way through. The pin has knurling on one end and can be installed frome either side if properly pressed in. If one doesn't PRESS the trigger pin in one could easily wreck the bearing making the trigger sloppy. ;)

Frizzle Fry
06-11-2009, 06:38 AM
F'ed up bearing was my first thought.

Papillon
06-11-2009, 06:56 AM
It is an AGD frame. I'll try to check the bearings and I'll also try and post a video just so you guys can see. But thanks for the help.

Smoothice
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually, the pin is NOT tapered and the frame hole is the exact same size all the way through. The pin has knurling on one end and can be installed frome either side if properly pressed in. If one doesn't PRESS the trigger pin in one could easily wreck the bearing making the trigger sloppy. ;)

Really? Hmmm. Good to know. I have received incorrect info before from this person. :tard:

I learn something new everyday.

Papillon
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Ok, I took her apart and there is no sideways motion by the sear pin or by the far back of the trigger. The sideways motion is only on the bottom part of the trigger. There is also no up or down or forward backward movement by the sear pin. I also don't really know which bearing you guys are talking about.

Here's a vid of the trigger movement. Quality is pretty bad, but I hope you can see. Trigger pull is about 3mm and the side movement is 5mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpEFaR5STs

Tunaman
06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, I took her apart and there is no sideways motion by the sear pin or by the far back of the trigger. The sideways motion is only on the bottom part of the trigger. There is also no up or down or forward backward movement by the sear pin. I also don't really know which bearing you guys are talking about.

Here's a vid of the trigger movement. Quality is pretty bad, but I hope you can see. Trigger pull is about 3mm and the side movement is 5mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpEFaR5STs
OK. Now I see the problem. Apparently the trigger has been re-annoed and must have been left in the stripper too long. The trigger spec is ruined. Shimming it may be the only way to fix it.

robnix
06-12-2009, 12:41 AM
OK. Now I see the problem. Apparently the trigger has been re-annoed and must have been left in the stripper too long. The trigger spec is ruined. Shimming it may be the only way to fix it.
Same thing happened to me. Shimming is all you can do.

Papillon
06-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Well I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years. But I don't think I wanna shim it. Think I'll just get a Pro Blade. Thanks for all the help Tunaman.

Frizzle Fry
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
...there are still Tunablades around, you know.

Smoothice
06-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Well I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years. But I don't think I wanna shim it. Think I'll just get a Pro Blade. Thanks for all the help Tunaman.

wanna sell me your broken tunablade for the cost of shipping? ;)

seriously pm me.