PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Carrier o-ring

DamianTC
06-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I got my first level 10 last october so I haven't had to change a carrier o-ring yet. When I first installed it, It worked fine with the 2nd smallest carrier then after a few cases the power tube started getting a slight leak. Going down to the smallest carrier fixed the leak. I used the gun last weekend and noticed the same power tube leak is back. I always have it oiled. Since I am on the smallest carrier already, does this mean its time to change the carrier o-ring?

If so, do I still use the same size carrier with the new o-ring or do I start with the biggest again and work my way down til there is no leak?

With my currect o-ring I am going to estimate It had between 35,000-50,000 shots. Is that about a normal life span for the carrier o-rings?

secretweaponevan
06-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I got my first level 10 last october so I haven't had to change a carrier o-ring yet. When I first installed it, It worked fine with the 2nd smallest carrier then after a few cases the power tube started getting a slight leak. Going down to the smallest carrier fixed the leak. I used the gun last weekend and noticed the same power tube leak is back. I always have it oiled. Since I am on the smallest carrier already, does this mean its time to change the carrier o-ring?

If so, do I still use the same size carrier with the new o-ring or do I start with the biggest again and work my way down til there is no leak?

With my currect o-ring I am going to estimate It had between 35,000-50,000 shots. Is that about a normal life span for the carrier o-rings?

That is coming in a bit light for shots, but still reasonable. A tiny amount of debris might have nicked the o-ring. Time to change it.

Start large, break in with a couple hundred shots, then move the broken in o-ring to the largest carrier that doesn't leak.