PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag massive Ball Breaks

fulnix
06-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Ok so I have a hella old classic mag with a newer DYE 12" barrel on it. It broke paint now and then with the old barrel but now it just breaks paint on a massive scale. By massive I mean even when I just shoot one at a time it will break ~1 out of 3 balls. I'm thinking the detent is doing this but am not sure. I was going to pick up some of the plastic detents. Any input on other things I should look into?
Thanks in Advance....

eXo_oUtSiDeR
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
the wire nubin is probably bunt too far into the barrel. Try removing it and seeing if you still break paint. If you dont you can either reshape the nubin with a pare of plyers so it doesnt stick so far into the barrel or you can buy a plastic nubin.

Your wire nubin might also be broken

it should look like this:

/\_________

not like this:
\___________

fulnix
06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
It's not broken but I do think it is too far into the breach. I'll try reshaping it but in the mean time I'm going to check out the plastic nubbins. Also I think I have to replace the o/o o-ring as there is a massive barrel leak that goes away when I put slight pressure on the trigger, any idea on that one? This old mag needs some love....

the wire nubin is probably bunt too far into the barrel. Try removing it and seeing if you still break paint. If you dont you can either reshape the nubin with a pare of plyers so it doesnt stick so far into the barrel or you can buy a plastic nubin.

Your wire nubin might also be broken

it should look like this:

/\_________

not like this:
\___________

secretweaponevan
06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
It's not broken but I do think it is too far into the breach. I'll try reshaping it but in the mean time I'm going to check out the plastic nubbins. Also I think I have to replace the o/o o-ring as there is a massive barrel leak that goes away when I put slight pressure on the trigger, any idea on that one? This old mag needs some love....

If it leaks down the barrel with the trigger at rest, it is a leaking powertube/carrier o-ring.
If it leaks down the barrel with the trigger held, it is a leaking on/off top (teflon) o-ring.

Yours is a leaking powertube o-ring, and perhaps too long a spacer or a worn sear/bolt.