PDA

View Full Version : Are screen protectors the same for the Ipod Touch and Iphone?

Spartan X
06-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I have a 2g Ipod Touch and I have the Iphone 3gs on pre-order. I have the Invisible Shield on my Ipod Touch and love the light weight protection....but I have the front left over as I already had a anti-glare screen cover on it.

Does any one know FOR SURE that the Ipod touch front screen is the SAME as the Iphone 3g? That was all I need to order is the back of the invisible shield for my 3gs

Thanks guys,

-Spartan

chafnerjr
06-14-2009, 10:06 PM
They are not the same. The sizing is very very close but the Touch doesn't have a ear piece at the top of it like the iPhone does. Doesn't have anything to do with anything else, just the speaker opening.

Check out this site for super awesome cases. www.switcheasy.com Invisible shield is great for a little while until the corners start pealing up. I picked up the rebel touch case for my iPod touch and it's been the best case I've ever seen. This might not sound like much coming from a random person who is commenting on AO... but I am an Apple Developer who goes to MacWorld every year and is on my 10th iPod (4th iPod touch) and not because I break them, well not physically anyways :D . Anything more and I'd be out of NDA :ninja:

In any event the answer is nope... sorry.

SCpoloRicker
06-15-2009, 01:00 PM
but I am an Apple Developer

You must be getting a kick out of a lot of these replies in that case....

:)

/have had Apple as a client a few times

chafnerjr
06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
You must be getting a kick out of a lot of these replies in that case....

:)

/have had Apple as a client a few times

Anything we can do to help right! I personally love watching the PC/Mac warz! The PC's better because of blah, or the Mac is better because of blah... and then the 2 answers of nux owns... and so on. It's all very entertaining. :D

robnix
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Invisible shield is great for a little while until the corners start pealing up
Invisible Shield is the best screen only protector you can get, but you HAVE to follow the instructions carefully to get a good smooth seal. My wife and I have had ours on our phones going on two and one years respectively with no peeling or bubbling.

Thordic
06-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, Invisible Shield is great as long as you don't fudge the installation.

The only issue I have with them is that the side panels for Treo Pro won't stay on. I don't think its a design flaw with the material so much as they get too narrow to really get a good hold. But the front and back panels work flawlessly.

chafnerjr
06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Invisible Shield is the best screen only protector you can get, but you HAVE to follow the instructions carefully to get a good smooth seal. My wife and I have had ours on our phones going on two and one years respectively with no peeling or bubbling.
Agreed... but most people (probably like the ones I know) only get "so" close and call it good. You are totally right if you take the time to put it on correctly. either way, no other thin film type protector is anywhere near close to that kind of protection. Then again it WAS designed to coat military helicopter blades :eek:

robnix
06-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Agreed... but most people (probably like the ones I know) only get "so" close and call it good. You are totally right if you take the time to put it on correctly. either way, no other thin film type protector is anywhere near close to that kind of protection. Then again it WAS designed to coat military helicopter blades :eek:
I have two co workers that didn't follow directions. They may as well have wrapped their iphone in saran wrap. I took sympathy on them and told them if they got a new IS I'd put it on for them. :p

chafnerjr
06-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I have two co workers that didn't follow directions. They may as well have wrapped their iphone in saran wrap. I took sympathy on them and told them if they got a new IS I'd put it on for them. :p

There you go... until they have their friends show up for "help" as well :tard:

Bolter
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I get mine from ebay, normally from china. Sometimes you get really good deals like 6 pack for $2.50 free shipping.

And yes, tricky to apply at first, but the trick is to clean the screen totally of specs of dust. One little spec will cause an annoying bubble.

Work really well though, my screen is still perfect and I work on construction sites! Highly recommend!

Hexis
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
The PC's better because of blah, or the Mac is better because of blah... and then the 2 answers of nux owns... and so on. It's all very entertaining. :D

Watchu talking about? OSX is Unix. :)

3Gs is syncing now. Gotta love how easy upgrading is. Restore from backup and it's just like my 3G, only more storage and faster. Shiny.

chafnerjr
06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Watchu talking about? OSX is Unix. :)

Let's be fair... it's UNIX certified, but it's not exactly UNIX! I love it for what it is and nothing more. ;)

Hexis
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Let's be fair... it's UNIX certified, but it's not exactly UNIX! I love it for what it is and nothing more. ;)

I'm kinda curious what UNIX "exactly" is. It's as unix-like as I could ask for. All of the underlying infrastructure is unix style. OSX is SUS certified as UNIX 03 - the mark for systems conforming to version 3 of the SUS (full compliance) (from the wiki). BSD and Linux are not SUS tested. It's as Unix as any of the other flavors.