PDA

View Full Version : Hello

questionful
06-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Hello AO. I haven't been around for a while. Anyone remember me? I just wanted to check up with you guys, like what's up with everyone's lives, and the paintball industry? What's happened lately? Any SP drama? Has someone managed to strangle the gardners yet? Has AGD designed any new products? (I know the answer to that, why am I even asking... :( :rolleyes: ) Has someone managed to get Tom to share his opinion about anything?

Humor me AO.

Frizzle Fry
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Tiberius:
First a magazine-fed pistol like an automag, with clip-in-the grip and c02 in the clip.... Then, they make a finned "rifled" paintball round that's half ball, half fin! It's got twice the range and is extremely accurate~

SP:
They've patented microswitch triggers, gasthru grips (like the Invert Mini, Tippmann Pro-Am, Badger), and god knows what else that doesn't belong to them. Now they're trying for a patent on .50cal paintballs; like Crosman didn't do that decades ago :rolleyes:

AGD:
Nothing new, period. Independent companies have been doing limited runs of custom bodies, frames, grips, etc. Lots of "pneumag" projects in the works, as well as plenty of "let's see if I can put a DM/Ego/Timmy/whatever frame on my mag!" deals.

WGP:
Real 'cockers are dissapearing, because JT owns WGP now. "Trilogy" is an f'ed up attempt to get people back in to the autococking world, but no dice... Most sell for less than half the MSRP, and get cut up with hacksaws or have $20 pump kits added. Classic cockers are hard to find, and most WGP products are now STBBs with cheap electro frames or highly stupidified wannabe-cockers.

PUMPERS:
A company called "Azodin" has made the "Kaos Pump"! It's a Spyder pump, mass produced, affordable, with lots of neat tidbits that add to the fun! For a long time only BE was making affordable pumps, but now there's a nice, upgradable marker on the market :) Also, Lapco has done several runs of the classic Grey Ghost.

questionful
06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Ha. Thanks. Sounds familiar. Paintball moves slow...

I gotta get my classic RT working again so I have an excuse to obsess over paintball again.